Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   cyp 3.6 (3.3) really don't get this! (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13110)

lyn c 06-25-2011 03:42 PM

cyp 3.6 (3.3) really don't get this!

Hi everyone,
Really struggling with this one. Last bit in this unit and can't seem to get my head around it, so help would be so much appreciatted.

The question is:
3.3. Analyse the potential tension between maintaining confidentiality with the need to disclose information:
When it is suspected that a crime has been/may be committed.

Is this to do with child protection on when to report a crime about abuse or am i missing something because i answered that question with this so it can't be.

3.3. Analyse the potential tension between maintaining confidentiality with the need to disclose information:
Where abuse of a child or young person is suspected

really confused any body with guidance or a few pointers in the right direction please

Lynne

jmima 06-25-2011 07:12 PM

It's about if a child tell you about mum and dad smoking joints/running a pirate DVD business/commiting benefit fraud. Do you report it to the relevant authorities or do you turn a blind eye for the sake of building trust with the family? It depends on the seriousness of the crime being commited by the parents of course.

If however the crime is being commited by the child, that is when it becomes a child protection issue - one small crime to lead to another which can then lead to association with gangs (depending on what part of the country you live in) or more serious crime.

The rights of the child and family when abuse has been suspected.

Hope that helps x

lyn c 06-25-2011 08:12 PM

Hi jmima,
Thankyou for your reply and help it is much appreciatted.
sort of get it so what kind of things do you analyse, so you make a senario up yourself and analyse it.

Sorry i seem to be acting really thick but just can't get my head around it.
lynne

jmima 06-25-2011 09:35 PM

This is what I wrote for mine:

- when it is suspected that a crime has been or may be committed
When looking at this, it is important to first define what crime is. Crime can cover anything from DVD piracy and benefit fraud to involvement with drugs or prostitution, theft, burglary or robbery or even general violence and murder.
When working in a childcare setting, building up trust with a family is of paramount importance. Without this trust, the child and his/her family is not going to be willing to share information which may potentially make a huge positive difference to their lives. Bearing this mind, it is generally advised that a turning a blind eye to crime may be for the best, unless it is affecting the emotional or physical well-being of the child or young person.
If however the problem is that child has commited a crime, be it shop-lifting, theft, drugs or violence, this then becomes a child protection issue as one minor crime may lead on to a more serious one, introducing the child or young person to dangerous people. Questions also need to be asked about whether the child’s parents are aware of these activities, and if not, the issue may be one of neglect.

lyn c 06-26-2011 11:19 AM

Hi Jmima,
Thankyou very much for your help.
I think i have been looking into it too much and brain just frazzled, didn't realise that it was as simple as that. I was looking for headings and then going to work on it that way but your way is much better and the words flow (if that makes sense).
Anyway thankyou very much.

Have far are you into the level 3? as you can see i am now going to be on unit cyp 3.7, nearly on the eymp's hopefully will be in a week. Going to try and work really hard over the next month and finish the eymps and then i'll be on my optional units.

What optional units are you doing?

Lynne

Sammie Lenoir 06-05-2013 03:36 PM

this helped me out so much guys I have to hand in my final portfolio next week but my professional discussion is tomorrow, I am so nervous.