Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   So fed up of my course and my tutor (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15602)

cutiepie2010 03-26-2012 08:24 PM

So fed up of my course and my tutor

4 weeks now we have had to have catch up weeks because others are behind I just feel like they are not putting in the effort to do the work and then expect to do it in lessons.

My tutor won't let others go on to look at different units cause she don't want us to go in front I can understand but at the same time feel like we are wasting 4 weeks worth of work.

We have been doing this course since september yet only completed 2 units still have god knows how many to do and only have till xmas to do it in. I just feel like we wont complete it on time.

Also for some reason my tutor won't write my assessment notes she took in my folder so i dont know what bits I ahve to complete or not... It's really getting to me

tutu 03-26-2012 10:26 PM

ask to speak to the manager asap. i have had my class since sept and they have completely finished 9 units and part done another 4! you shot d not be held back by those who are not achieving. do something don't just let it happen

davis81 03-26-2012 10:28 PM

hey

sorry to hear of your problem i imagine you are frustrated with it. try to tell her how your feeling or maybe ask others if they feel the same

morning_dew 03-27-2012 09:06 AM

i think people work at different pace, but it should not be something to hold you back. I finished 3 of my units now while others from my school have not really started yet. I can't image how I'd feel if I have to wait for them. :(
Try to talk to the course manager. Hope yours will work out better.

tbop 04-15-2012 04:32 PM

i didnt see my tutor for a long time then she shows up and tells me i had 21 weeks to do 21 units xxx

discod 04-15-2012 04:39 PM

You're lucky you even get lessons,I see my tutor maybe once a month and she is usually behind with stuff or changes her mind on stuff. Ive nearly done my level 3 now but its been really hard work and I advise anyone who wants to do this course then do it in college..at least you have weekly get togethers and you can bounce off one another when you are stuck for answers.This site has been a great help and I dont know how people coped years ago without the internet lol.......im 40 now and cannot remember the old fashioned way ;)

discod 04-15-2012 04:42 PM

Plus I had that horrible standards introduction book to do too,7 units worth...now doing the other 16 units ....arrgghh.Only doing it to get a better wage my boss pays the same flat rate of 6.08 if you are a level 2,3 or 4 so hopefully il be off to a better paid nursery soon.Course was due to finish July but have been told they are now bringing it forward to May oh the joys!

julieta 04-15-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutiepie2010 (Post 46224)
4 weeks now we have had to have catch up weeks because others are behind I just feel like they are not putting in the effort to do the work and then expect to do it in lessons.

My tutor won't let others go on to look at different units cause she don't want us to go in front I can understand but at the same time feel like we are wasting 4 weeks worth of work.

We have been doing this course since september yet only completed 2 units still have god knows how many to do and only have till xmas to do it in. I just feel like we wont complete it on time.

Also for some reason my tutor won't write my assessment notes she took in my folder so i dont know what bits I ahve to complete or not... It's really getting to me

:duh: it sounds very frustrating my tutor doesnt wait for nobody shocking :jaw-dropp

Shaggy 04-16-2012 05:44 PM

Been on here a while and it was a great help with my Level 2 but never posted until now..

You sound really fed up and it isn't fair the way you are being treated. I'm doing Level 3 now while working 2 days at one setting and two days at another. Started 7 weeks ago and have three units signed off, hoping to have three (or four!) signed off in a weeks time, so there is no reason why it can't be done.

Complain about it now, don't just suffer in silence.

I'm male and 42 so god knows it's been tough but don't let it get you down.