Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13237)

wendy bob 07-13-2011 07:27 PM

explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality

hi everyone unit shc33
my last two questions to finish and cant seem to find the right words
1 explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply in own work role?

2 show interaction with individuals that respects their beliefs, culture, values and prefrences ?

a little help would be great thanks x

Alison Day 07-13-2011 08:07 PM

The way in which we interact with each other in society is regulated by law.

The Equality Act 2010 brings together all previous acts relating to equality and discrimination.
The Act applies to all organisations that provide a service to the public. The Act protects all individuals and groups from discrimination. Early years setting must be aware of these laws and have in place a policy regarding equality of opportunities and for supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities Providers must also have regard to the SEN code of practice. The EYFS also states that providers have a responsibility to ensure positive attitudes to diversity and difference. Within my setting we have a Equality and Diversity policy and a SEN and disability policy these policies must be followed by staff and integrated in to our working practice. The policies bring together all the main points from the various acts and the requirements of the EYFS.

Any help?? xx

wendy bob 07-13-2011 08:10 PM

hi alison
thanks for that it has helped will now write about it reflecting on my own practice again thank you x

Ruthierhyme 02-16-2012 12:33 PM

For K&U there is a summary overview of the equality act 2010 on adviceguide.org.uk - equality act easy read 2010 ACAS also have an extensive section - equality act 2012 Qs and As

Showing interaction with individuals that respects their beliefs, culture, values and prefrences are actions that demonstate how a practitioner is able to view the contributions that others experiences have to the setting's diversity and to their own professional perspective. Maybe check with an assessor or tutor to see if this will be part of a planned visit.

SEN code of practice on education.gov.uk and guide for parents and carers

Best wishes

Kathy Kromidias 01-05-2017 06:05 PM

Unit 3: Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion in Early Years
1.2 Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and inclusion apply to own work role

Has any one does this unit, I am struggling with this task.