Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training, Qualifications & CPD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245)
-   -   Foundation degree in early years (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164)

Muggy 03-04-2006 10:47 PM

Foundation degree in early years

HELLO!!!!:wave:
Any advice greatly appreciated...
I am just approaching the end of my NVQ3 (EYCE) and my tutor reckons I should do the Early Years Foundation degree. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this, what its like compared to the NVQ3, and if it could lead to any interesting new careers!!!!:thumbsup:
Ideally I would like to work with children, but preferably on a one-to-one or very small group basis. The idea of working in a school doesn't appeal to me, I have done this, I need a new direction in my career!!!!!!!:partlyclo
Thankyou, from someone who's got a kind of 'stuck in a rut' feeling!!!:irked:
I'll quit complaining now and hope that inspiration will strike!!!!!!:idea::spin:

*Board was being a bit stretched so edited for font size .. sorry :(

Air 03-10-2006 03:32 PM

:D ..hi Muggy..think I replied to your post on the under 5's site ..:rotfl:

Muggy 03-11-2006 12:07 AM

Yes!!

Ah yes! :yes: Thanks! I thought it couldn't hurt to get the opinions of two websites's worth of people!! :rotfl: How are you finding the course? Do you want to go into teaching? :spin: My tutor suggested I should do the course, she thinks I will enjoy it, and maybe I will, just I was looking forward to being able to do stuff in/round the house again without feeling guilty all the time about not doing homework!!

cybertwin 08-16-2006 11:48 AM

Hi
i am starting the foundation degree (hopefully) in september and would welcome any comments. I will be attending with a colleague.
really looking forward to it and accumulating a large supply of stationary in readiness (am stationary person, just looovvvee it)
maybe we can help each other out

Narnia 08-21-2006 10:10 PM

apparantly, i can't do it.........i would need lots of other qualifications first???

cybertwin 08-22-2006 08:27 AM

that is a shame,

i have an interview in a few weeks, so hopefully all is going well

xx

bettyboo 08-22-2006 02:28 PM

Hi Narnia
that's a shame you can't do it as you have a lot experience.
I started the FD last September and many of the students have none or very little experience and do not hold a level 3, many of them have struggled and dropped out. I really think the college I am with just wanted bums on seats and did not give the right advice. I have found it hard but it is worth it.
good luck everyone
BB

Chloe 08-22-2006 08:08 PM

Well I for sure will not be doing it,at my age do not need any stress!!I shall continue to attend as many courses as I can as if I can learn one thing then the course has been worth it.

Narnia 08-23-2006 10:29 PM

mm well. nearly through the level three..had extensions due to last years fun and games, but if all groups are going to have to have a degree person in the setting, i'd rather it was me.............................but doesn't look good!

looby 09-03-2006 01:02 PM

i am beating myself up about it at mo.I am the manager /supervisor of our preschool and have been in childcare for 15 years at preschool for 7yrs.
If anyone should do the fs degree it should be me as otherwise i would have to step down eventually but I just dont know how i can fin the time.preschool takes up all my time as it is and with a growing family! I attend every course going and feel I give 100% and more surely with our good ofsted report and evidence the children are achieving and thriving in my care it is enough! I feel if i dont do the degree a younger more able member of staff will and altho I work with staff who are graduates I feel pressure!