Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   CYPW level 3 unit SHC 32 personal development, explaining expectations? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12149)

bebedee 03-08-2011 05:16 PM

CYPW level 3 unit SHC 32 personal development, explaining expectations?

================================================== ==========
step by step help for unit SHC 32 engage in personal development
================================================== ==========

Has anyone done this unit yet? I'm stuck on what to write for the task 'Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in the relevant standards'.

I've got in my head that I need to write about the EYFS requirements that as a childminder I have to comply with, but not sure how much detail to go into. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

rhmmjsw 03-08-2011 07:39 PM

I wrote about 2 pages on this, I mentioned the different acts I needed to be aware of like the childcare act 2006 and food standards etc. I then refered it to my role for example, confidentially of information is imperative under the EYFS and Childcare Act 2006 and explained when information can be disclosed and that information is on a need to know basis and is stored in a locked area and kept safe by the person in charge.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

tutu 03-08-2011 10:56 PM

the standards you have to meet are the ones agreed by your sector skills council ie the CWDc they are on their webpage under National occupational standards, standards all those working with children should be reaching, there are different levels you will have met level 2 i assume and are now working towards level 3 standards.. the eyfs is legislation not a set of standards. you need to write about the NOS and how your particular role meets them

bebedee 03-10-2011 02:37 PM

Thanks for your replies, they have helped and I'm now writing it up! :smile:

Sarah Rogers 09-14-2011 01:55 PM

thanks all

netja 02-17-2013 07:11 PM

Help!

Hello, please can somebody help me on SHC32 1.2. Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards.
I am new to this forum. I started this course last Aug and have 3 more months left and am finding the written assignments really difficult. I have been through some of the threads relating to this question and I understand that I need to go through the policies and procedures and NOS and then link them to my own work role. My problem is I just don't know where to start or how to start writing. eg one of my duty is "To provide high standards of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children" and I don't really know how to link this to NOS or the legislations.If someone can help me start it would really help me.
Thanks in advance

kerry-lou 02-19-2013 12:21 PM

heres what i wrote for SHC32 1.2:

SHC 32: 2.2. Explain the expectations of own work role as expressed in relevant standards

In my setting all policies and procedures are kept in the main office and are available to view at all times. It is very important that I am familiar with these policies and follow them at all times.

In my setting there is a safeguarding folder and it is my responsibility to read this file and keep up to date with any changes or amendments that may arise. This is important as I need to know what to do when I think there is a safeguarding issue with any child/children.
I must follow the confidentiality policy and not discuss any information about children, their families and sensitive information about school matters to anyone unless there is an appropriate reason to do so.

Following the health & safety policy I must record any accidents in the relevant accident book and fill an accident slip in to send home to notify the parent/carer of their child’s accident. Check the furniture, equipment and toys are safe for children to use before the children come into the setting and report any hazards/faulty equipment to the appropriate person as soon as possible.

In regards to the EYFS I promote the development of language and literacy through talking, telling stories, singing songs and rhymes. I encourage all children to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities. I also support the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the setting.

netja 02-20-2013 12:27 AM

Thank you so much kerry-lou! I am nearly done now for this assignment, just need to do 3.1 now! :wave: