Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   304 k3d225/226 need a little help plz (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7420)

kes28 06-19-2009 10:46 AM

304 k3d225/226 need a little help plz

hi everyone

i only have 2 questions left on this section and im not sure wat to write can anyone help me plz

techniques of reflective analysis . this is on activities/outings that u have completed with the children ?
how can i link this to my activitie ?

how to you use reflection as a tool for contrasting what we say and do and what we actually do ?

any help would b gratefull

kes28:dizzy::banghead:

janeb 06-19-2009 04:10 PM

My general thoughts on reflection - you'll have to see if its applicable to your assignments!!

Reflection is an essential part of effective practice. By reflecting on what we have done during activities, the words we have used and how we dealt with a crisis etc, we should be able to improve our responses and the outcome next time.

After an group activity with the children, try to reflect what went well, which areas you hadn't planned fully, how the activity developed or deviated from your original plan (those dastardly kids often go in a different direction to the one we were thinking about! :muttering), whether the resources were appropriate...etc etc

Lessons/ activities can always be improved - it is by no means a failure on your part to admit that there could be improvements. It is a sign of an excellent practitioner if you can continuously reflect and improve.:thumbsup:

You may also need to look at the setting's policies when reflecting. :reading: For example, if there is some sort of emergency - after the event, reflect on what happened and whether you followed policies and procedures. If not, how could you improve the policy or make it clearer so that policy is followed in the future?

Hope that gets you started.:spin:

kes28 06-20-2009 10:34 AM

thank you jane that was really helped me

kes28

butterfly 2 06-20-2009 11:06 AM

I found this unit tough, too.
For K3D225 I listed and explained(within my setting not definition):
-Questioning what, why and how I do things
-Seeking alternatives
-Keeping an open mind
-Viewing from different perspectives
-thinking about consequences
-Testing ideas through comparing and contrasting
-Asking 'what if'
-Synthesizing ideas
-Seeking alternatives
For K3P226 I referred back to K3D225 for techniques(no need to write things twice!) and then I gave and then wrote a reflective account on a situation I reflected upon. Mine was dealing with unwanted behaviour.
Just choose an activity or event and apply techniques from above.
Hope this helps!

Devilsam 04-08-2010 08:32 PM

not sure how i'm suppose to tackle k3d225. am i suppose to write about each point individually or can it all be covered in one reflective account, this is driving me insane :fryingpan please help.x

morden 11-29-2010 02:45 PM

goodluck

jess123678 02-27-2012 05:27 PM

:With love:
Quote:

Originally Posted by janeb (Post 21877)
My general thoughts on reflection - you'll have to see if its applicable to your assignments!!

Reflection is an essential part of effective practice. By reflecting on what we have done during activities, the words we have used and how we dealt with a crisis etc, we should be able to improve our responses and the outcome next time.

After an group activity with the children, try to reflect what went well, which areas you hadn't planned fully, how the activity developed or deviated from your original plan (those dastardly kids often go in a different direction to the one we were thinking about! :muttering), whether the resources were appropriate...etc etc

Lessons/ activities can always be improved - it is by no means a failure on your part to admit that there could be improvements. It is a sign of an excellent practitioner if you can continuously reflect and improve.:thumbsup:

You may also need to look at the setting's policies when reflecting. :reading: For example, if there is some sort of emergency - after the event, reflect on what happened and whether you followed policies and procedures. If not, how could you improve the policy or make it clearer so that policy is followed in the future?

Hope that gets you started.:spin:

:With love: