Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parent Partnerships (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Uniforms (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761)

Ruthierhyme 06-07-2006 05:59 PM

Uniforms

Do the adults or children in your group wear uniforms?

Have you been asked to provide logo work clothes for staff, committee or the children?

stacey 06-07-2006 06:26 PM

I work in a private nursery voluntary twice a week and we wear a t-shirt, ours is pink with the logo of the nursery on and we just have to wear black trousers

love stace xxx

jph 06-07-2006 06:44 PM

All staff have polo shirt / jumper with name and logo of pre-school on. Good for helping parents and children realise which adults are actually staff, and good for PR when wearing in community.

FARLEYS 06-07-2006 08:00 PM

staff have yellow polo t-shirts with logo on, red jumpers with logo on and red t-shirts with logo for the summer. children have red t-shirts and jumpers with logo on. can wear anything on bottom half!!

cybertwin 06-07-2006 10:27 PM

we have red polo shirts, sweatshirts and fleeces all with out logo on, and sell tshirts and sweatshirts for the children although not mandatory with the logo on

then we wear jeans, trousers or skirts (not mini!!)

Ruthierhyme 06-09-2006 09:22 PM

Where abouts do you all go to get the logos printed/embroidered on ?

janet 06-09-2006 11:08 PM

my nursery wears a tunic on top half with black trousers,company logo on tunic. its very hot though in this weather

cybertwin 06-10-2006 12:42 AM

we use alexandria for staff emboriery
but children have printed ones done by mapac

www.alexandreia.co.uk (i think)
www.mapac.co.uk

Twinks 06-10-2006 09:44 PM

Our staff have sweatshirts for winter and T-shirts for summer. We also have some tabards for students/volunteers. Our colour is dark purple - I could kill who ever chose it as although very smart and suitable for both sexes, its not a commonly made colour and a bit of a pain to source. We had to buy purple material for the tabards and one of our staff's mother in laws made them for us!

Children have an optional purple sweatshirt if parents wish to buy at cost price.

I would advise anyone looking for logos to try embroidered rather than printed. Embroidery incurrs a set-up charge, but once thats paid, there is no minimum quantity. We use a local firm and I often go in an get a couple at a time if new children start. The logos also last longer and look smarter.

Screenprinting is usually only available in a "batch" quantity - we were quoted 12 minimum from several companies. They also charge a set-up cost per screen - ie per colour, so if your logo has 3 colours, it takes 3 screens to achieve it and therefore exttra cost.

Chloe 06-12-2006 07:02 PM

Uniforms

At my last group we used Narnias supplier,excellent and personal service.
Present group were a red polo/t/shirt (staff and children the same)
I have been given a second hand one and have to say I am not a happy bunny,I like new uniform !Well will see what it is like and then decide if I am going to wear it! Fussy old dear!!