Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   'Demonstrate / Show how' - What approach is your tutor or assessor taking? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15188)

Chlobbers 02-16-2012 02:21 PM

'Demonstrate / Show how' - What approach is your tutor or assessor taking?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the task says 'Demonstrate' or 'Show how' what way your tutor or assessor has asked you to answer them??

:jump:

Ruthierhyme 02-16-2012 02:39 PM

Hi, assessor/tutors will be guided by the organisations they work for as there would be an expectation that submission requirements for internal & external verification are the same. As such, it won't necessarily be the approach of individuals you're questioning rather the situation that's requiring certain practices from them. It's also good to understand that 'demonstate requires a certain amount of practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding on behalf of the practitioner that can be collected in many ways, writing & enquiring being one, research and reflection being others.

If you're concerned your practice isn't being assessed appropriately please contact your course provider to check the procedures they have in place.

tutu 02-16-2012 02:51 PM

if it is the cache course it clearly says at the top of each unit which learning outcomes are to be observed and these are often the ones that say demonstrate. it also clearly says that simulation ie doing it for pretend is not allowed. the cache guidance in the front says that observed work MUST be observed. if it is another awarding body i cannot see it will be any different this is the whole point of voc quals.

Chlobbers 02-17-2012 09:48 AM

I agree with both of you! My colleague and I are doing the same course through the same college (it is through an online learning programme) but we have different tutors which seem to be doing things very differently; my tutor says to leave the 'demonstrate' learning outcomes as she will assess these in person but my colleague has never had an observation done and yet has had some of these outcomes signed off.

Was just curious :jump:

lyn c 02-17-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chlobbers (Post 44953)
I agree with both of you! My colleague and I are doing the same course through the same college (it is through an online learning programme) but we have different tutors which seem to be doing things very differently; my tutor says to leave the 'demonstrate' learning outcomes as she will assess these in person but my colleague has never had an observation done and yet has had some of these outcomes signed off.

Was just curious :jump:

Hi
I completed my course and every question that says demonstrate, i had to show it to my tutor throught demonstrating it, this was a CACHE course and like Tutu says it is in the CACHE paper work saying this is to be shown and not written about, i don't know what would happen if you choose an optional unit such as maybe Disabilty and you couldn't demonstrate this due to not having a child with a disability, i am assuming that you couldn't take that optional unit.

Lynne