Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   All about me (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   all about me - for babies (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1880)

joshie 01-04-2007 10:48 PM

all about me - for babies

can anyone help me to compile a list of actvities that i can do with little ones based around all about me? I have a 3month old, two 1yr olds and a 22month old to plan for. thanks in advance guys :smile:

Miss Muffet 01-04-2007 10:51 PM

Drawing round hands and feet has always gone down well with my 2 1/2 year old, you could do a few, cut them out and make a garland. :cheerful:

Ruthierhyme 01-05-2007 01:15 AM

Lots of messy play for self discovery :D ... but only as long as you love clearing up lol ,

a Shallow water tray (like a greenhouse pot plant holder/stand) fill it with water and give them some funnels, spoons and dry sand.

They'll learn how to pick up/scoop, pour and also probably how not to try eating sand again :wide-eyed :D lol

Hand painting onto a large mirror is also a good activity - and if you're worried about them eating paint try making your own gel by using cornflour or arrowroot (which is the 'proper ingredient to use !!) mixed with water - add a little food colouring and cook until it forms a thick gel.
Paint it onto their hands and get them to experiment moving them over the surface of the mirror - in a way they also 'colour themselves in as they watch what their hands are doing !!! :cheerful:

Edible playdough is also good - I've used a tin of ready mixed custard and rolled porridge oats kneaded together before (actually tasted quite nice :D !!) have also heard of Chocolate based one .. not sure where from now ..

For the baby lots of movement stimulation with mobiles, gentle noise with rattles and lullabies ~ wind chimes can be brilliant ... and of course heaps & heaps of eye contact, smiles and hand holding/finger play :cheerful:

You could also perhaps make a list of 'todos for them at home .. Tooth care ~ can they bring their toothbrush over to show you .. you could draw it together and then paint / collage the picture ?

Will think on .. but hth :thumbsup:

Chelltune 01-06-2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Muffet (Post 5090)
Drawing round hands and feet has always gone down well with my 2 1/2 year old, you could do a few, cut them out and make a garland. :cheerful:

Or do handprints that make them into soemthing along with the handprint poem for Mothers Day.

Pebbles1989 12-22-2013 09:45 PM

i am having the same problem as my babies go from the youngest being 9 months to the eldest being 13 months, i have already put down what you guys have mentioned, has anyone else had any more ideas of what to do activity wise about me, myself and I with babies.

Thank you in advance