Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 2 Cert & NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Supporting teaching and learning Level 2 HELP !! (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17841)

Miss K Conway 04-11-2013 03:46 PM

Supporting teaching and learning Level 2 HELP !!

Hi everyone I am new to this so I hope I'm doing this right.
I am really stuck on this question and I could really use some help if you can

3.2 Describe features of an inclusive setting for children and young people.
:duh:

LKP 04-12-2013 02:15 PM

Hi,
What do you or your colleagues do in you setting to make it inclusive? This could mean you have a diverse range of signs that welcome people into the setting, for example, pictures, writing in different languages. You probably have pictures as well as written labels to help everyone know what things go where. You may accessible access for disabled children/adults so they get around in the setting.
Think about: if a child has English as an additional language, medical needs, special educational needs, alternative beliefs or religion, has a parent/carer with additional needs. And how do you include each of these needs so they are participating within your setting and the activities.
Inclusive practice is where you have thought about everyone's needs so they have a part and are included in that setting to help them develop and learn most effectively.

I am sure there are many things you do that promotes inclusive practice but do not realise it. :D
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Miss K Conway 04-14-2013 07:54 PM

Thank you so much :With love: you also helped me with the next point 3.3 Describe how inclusion works in own sector of the children’s workforce.
some times it just confuses me how they word the questions. :dizzy: when really I know the answer in simpler terms haha
Thanks for your help
x x x

soreenaauguste 04-18-2013 03:01 PM

Hello eveyone I have just joined and need some help, I am studying to be a teachers assistant level 2, and am stuck on unit 2.3 Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults. can anyone help with this chapter plzzzzzz

LKP 04-18-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soreenaauguste (Post 53307)
Hello eveyone I have just joined and need some help, I am studying to be a teachers assistant level 2, and am stuck on unit 2.3 Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults. can anyone help with this chapter plzzzzzz

Hi and welcome :wave: I would be happy to help but as I did the CYPW course, I am unsure of the units and questions. Let me know on the questions you are stuck on and i'll see if I can help. :smile:

Neat 05-18-2013 07:22 PM

Hi
i have to do 18 reflective diaries during my level 2 course....but im not quite sure how to go about this. Is anyone else doing these, if so HELP! please

batz 07-08-2013 11:05 PM

Neat, How are you doing with your reflective diaries? I seem to struggle to get it onto paper! I have had some signed off.

Neat 07-09-2013 10:15 AM

Not very well :worried: even my tutor says they are a nightmare.
I just can't seem to get my head around them! It's a lot of work
Ain't it ?