Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   partnership working and behaviour expectations HELP (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21015)

ilovedisney 05-03-2017 02:41 PM

partnership working and behaviour expectations HELP

hi everyone,
this is my first post, but have been using this site for a while now, so id like to say thank you all for your help!

ive had my assignment send back (303) as im missing some of the range. it was such a big assignment i knew this would happen :(

the question is regarding partnership working. i need to explain what partnership working is, which i think i have done, and the benefits to the child. heres the range:
explain the-
*understanding of expectations about their behavior
*understanding of goals and boundaries

i am completely stuck which what to include so any ideas would be so appreciated. thank you

Ruthierhyme 05-03-2017 03:52 PM

Hi, a very warm welcome to the site. Was your tutor or assessor able to give you any feedback on your work and maybe suggest where the gaps are?

Best wishes xx

ilovedisney 05-03-2017 05:23 PM

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I asked her yesterday but haven't had a reply yet. To be honest I don't think she's able to help me much with this one as it's one of the big set assignments.
I'm hoping to receive a reply from her soon or hopefully someone here can help as I only have limited evenings I can work on my assignments.

Ruthierhyme 05-03-2017 06:33 PM

Hi, yes, hopefully they'll be in touch soon, your tutor knows exactly what you've already written, which parts of the assignment you've met and therefore which parts you haven't, that's how they're able to return it to you as incomplete.

I'm sure members will help out where they can :) best wishes xx

kaneez77 05-03-2017 06:34 PM

Although the terms behavior expectations and rules are often used interchangeably, they actually refer to different things. Behavior expectations can be defined as broad goals for behavior or the general ways that teachers would like children to act. They serve as guidelines for behavior and apply to all children across all settings. In addition, behavior expectations apply to the adults in these settings.

Ideally, behavior expectations are developed for the entire school or center and are used as a framework for helping teachers to establish rules and provide guidance to children. Because behavior expectations are often broad concepts and somewhat abstract for very young children, teachers should create rules to help clarify their meaning as they are applied within specific activities and contexts. Teachers who work in centers where such expectations are not in place can still establish rules and expectations to guide children’s behavior.
Sample Behavior Expectations
•Be safe
•Be responsible
•Be respectful

kaneez77 05-03-2017 06:39 PM

Boundaries These are the limits within which behaviour is acceptable – they identify what may, and may not, be done or said. Children and young people need to understand the consequences of not acting within those boundaries. It is important that the boundaries are appropriate for the age and stage of development.

Examples of boundaries for young children are that they may:

● play outside – but must not tread on the fl owerbeds
● watch television – but only until tea is ready
● use the dressing- up clothes – if they put them away when they have fi nished.

Examples of boundaries for older children and young people are that they may:
● use the internet – but only for agreed periods
● visit their friends’ houses – as long as they always let you know where they are

Sarah.L 12-30-2017 10:36 PM

Hi Ilovedisney, I think this is the assignment I have just been given and was wondering if you could offer any advice? I started the level 3 in sept this year after previously completing the level 2 but this is my first assignment and I must admit I'm struggling! I'm older than most of the students in my class and have 3 children and a part time job in a primary school so struggle to find time but I really do need to crack on with it, so to speak! I understand it is an information booklet regarding safeguarding and have done a front cover so far, and an introduction explaining the importance of safeguarding. Am I heading in the right direction.....is it literally just putting together an information booklet for practitioners?
Thanks in advance!
Sarah :)

kaneez77 12-31-2017 02:06 PM

Hi, Sarah

Are you doing a city and guilds course level 3. Is it the big assignment for Unit 303 safe guarding that you are stuck on. I have done all the assignments I have just got the last part of 313 CPD left and the last big assignment for unit 402 observations and assessment's. let me know what you are stuck on I will try and help you.

ilovedisney 12-31-2017 05:41 PM

Hi I'm in the same situation as you. I'm older with two kids and work in a nursery.
Which part are you stuck with?

I cant remember all the questions but looking back at my saved assignments, task a was a booklet about safeguarding policies and procedures.
Is this the part you're on about?

Sarah.L 01-01-2018 10:24 PM

Hi everyone, happy new year!
Thanks for the replies yes I'm doing the city and guilds level 3 and yes its the big assignment on safeguarding. We have been asked to complete task c first which is the 'policy and case studies' updating it after recent safeguarding training. I got confused with task a which is the information booklet! I think I know what to write for task c just not sure how to present it as I confused myself thinking it was the information booklet :/
If anyone can offer any advice on how they answered task c it would be greatly appreciated :-)