Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   051 outcome 4.3 Describe the potential tension between maintaining an individual’s confidentiality and disclosing (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15618)

newprospects 03-27-2012 06:16 PM

051 outcome 4.3 Describe the potential tension between maintaining an individual’s confidentiality and disclosing

I have searched all over the internet and nowhere explains this question properly in order for me to understand it. I know that it will cause conflict between you the practitioner and the parent if it comes down to a cp case but i just don't know how to extend on this please someone help i need to hand in 7 units by friday and im pulling my hair out. My college hasn't been the most helpful but I need to finish this course. any help id be grateful xxxxx:With love::With love:

lyn c 03-27-2012 06:47 PM

Hi
there could be other types of conflicts such as:

what if a child tells you that their parent is at work and you know they are unemployed? what would you do? do you report them? do you leave it?

what happens if a child tells you that their parent copies dvd's or games, do you ignore this? do you report it? is it any of our business? is it worth reporting? go from what kind of answers you would say and what you intend to do, if anything

hope it gives you ideas if not ask again and i will try and help more.
i have sent you a pm with more ideas

Lynne

think hard about the questions

Jo1988 11-18-2012 08:32 PM

Depends on the seriousness of the crime....if a child is in immediate danger and are at risk of harm, you will defiantly break that confidentiality as the child's welfare is important and its your duty of care to look after children in your setting.

or if for example you are told that a parent is coying DVDs or music or downloading stuff off the internet illegally, is this a danger to the child?
No so as long as the child is safe then you don't need to break the confidentiality as its important to maintain the trust with parents and if the crime is something as small as downloading illegally and copying music/DVD's then really you will stay out of it and focus on the more important role in your work, the well being of a child.

Also it can be very stressful for yourself and may be upsetting, you can get support and advise but who from? you cannot speak to your friends about it as its strictly confidential so who can you turn to for support, well you can get help and advise from your manager and maybe other professionals such as a social worker. information should only be shared on a Need to know basis.

Hope you understand this a little bit more :)