Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Q2.a (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14943)

beccaa101 01-25-2012 06:25 PM

Q2.a

Explain, giving examples, why there are minimum requirements for:
*Space
*Staff ratios
And why these are necessary for children's safety.

Can anyone help please? where can i find what the requirements actually are (I've looked on the EYFS pack and can't see anything, so if it's supposed to be in there could someone tell me what page, if not, where can i find this information?) x

cutiepie2010 01-25-2012 06:46 PM

Space requirements are 0-2 yrs 3.5m 2_5yrs 2.5m 3_4yrs 2.3 m ratio 0_2 1:3 2_3 1:4 3_5 1:8 its important to have the ratios as if there is not adequate supervision then it can impact on children's safety. Same with space they need enough space to move around so without complying to the correct space requirements children will not have the.room.to move. I hope the space requirements and ratios r correct.

beccaa101 01-25-2012 07:00 PM

Ah, Your a life saver - Thank you!! :) x

teddy bear 08-09-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccaa101 (Post 44225)
Ah, Your a life saver - Thank you!! :) x

Hi . I am stuck on the same question so could you explain littlebite more please.
Thanks

libby1966 02-23-2013 04:26 PM

2.4 explain,giving examples, why minimum requirements for: space,staff ratios

im also stuck here ive mentioned the space requirements and staff ratio but it just doesnt look enough
. pls help

lay 06-22-2013 10:14 AM

Space: 0-2 years 3.5m 2-5years 2.5m 3-4 years 2.3m this regulation is in place to ensure the children have enough space to be able to move around and ensure the safety are met of the children by having enough space if there was lots of children in one room and they did not have enough space this would effect the way the children learn and develop without enough space for the children it will limit the activities available to them which will have a negative impact on their skill and development. Without the space that children need to learn and develop the risk of accident in the setting will also increase.
It is important to have these ratios to ensure the safety of the children the ratios are in place to protect the children and ensure that encase of a emergency and all the children needed to be evacuated from the building then the staff are able to get the required number of children out according to their ratios. This means that 1 staff member would have to be able to get 3 children under the age of 2 out of the building safely. This is also for the supervision as if there was not ratios in place then there may not be enough adequate supervision for the children.