Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   3.4 describe the main roles and responsibilities of representative bodies that influence the wider sector (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16432)

xxhiggi90xx 07-15-2012 09:32 PM

3.4 describe the main roles and responsibilities of representative bodies that influence the wider sector

stuggling with theese questions

5.4 describe recent changes in service delievery which have affected own area of work
3.4 describe the main roles and responsibilities of representative bodies that influence the wider sector :banghead:

Ruthierhyme 07-16-2012 05:38 PM

Hi, these will apply to your unique situation, your practice and what happens in your setting or placement xx Representative bodies will differ in home countries, if for example you live & work in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and on the sector you are part of eg. early years, health and social care

For 5.4 can you ask in your setting to see if eg. there have been changes to health and safety guidance that's impacted on practice, COSHH and storage, implementing the new eyfs for september maybe, arrangements to store information, new grant funding arrangements, child protection procedures?

The OCR PDF has useful explanations/exemplifications understand employment responsibilities

In reflection of how all early years providers/practitioners promote their duty of care, children's rights, safeguard and protect their children, staff, colleagues, parents, carers, community partners, other professionals and work in partnerships that secure children the positive outcomes of ECM, and that work within the goverment's regulated educational frameworks, the following are a possible selection of bodies that can support what a setting provides, their roles vary, if you research for each you'll find 'about' pages that help explain what responsibilities they are charged with and how those responsibilities enable them to influence the wider sector ..

Representative bodies – may include:
These are a personal perspective, you may find some are challenged xx

Government departments eg. Professional bodies eg. Trade unions - list of UK trade unions on wikipedia

Sector skills councils eg. for playwork is Skillsactive full SSC list

Regulatory bodies eg. Consumer groups eg.ERR - Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social care or children and young people’s settings

I hope this helps xx

emziebub88 03-05-2014 11:17 PM

For 3.4, how many representative bodies from each section above do we actually need to describe?? I was thinking about doing 2 or 3, do you think this will be enough, or will I need more??

emziebub88 03-05-2014 11:25 PM

And do they need to link into childcare at all?? Just that most of them in the list above don't so was wondering if it would still count if I wrote about them??

Suttylea 03-13-2014 10:21 PM

Hi
I am really struggling to understand this question and would really appreciate any help you could give me on this.

Demonstrate how to work with others to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interests and development opportunities. Write about the roles of others and the value of their input to you. This may include:
• the individuals
• other carers
• your supervisor, line manager or employer
• other professionals.

SuttyLea x