Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 2 Cert & NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   equality (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15221)

lou33 02-18-2012 07:22 PM

equality

have listed legislaton to promote equality, but not sure what the codes of practice are? are they the same thing? would examples of these include things like ramps, lifts, or even celebrating festivals? :dizzy:

spelky~brooks 02-19-2012 07:34 PM

Special Educational Needs Code Of Practice; applies to any setting or school that receives government funding.

The code sets out 5 primary principles that have to be adhered to;
  • A child with special educational needs should have their needs met in a school or any other educational setting.
  • The needs of the child or young person will usually be catered for in a mainstream school or setting.
  • The views and feelings of the child have to to be sought and taken into account on decisions concerning them.
  • Parents/carers have a vital role to play in supporting and following their child’s education.
  • Children with special educational needs should be offered full access to an unbiased and relevant education that is suited to their needs including the appropriate curriculum for Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum

lou33 02-25-2012 05:02 PM

thankyou very much, am just finishing unit 204, equality,inclusion and diveristy. this unit has had my head spinning!!!

mummy to 5 05-09-2012 07:18 PM

I have just started this unit looks a bit long winded lol

lou33 05-10-2012 01:23 PM

I've had this unit signed off now so if you need and help just shout!!!

mummy to 5 05-10-2012 09:02 PM

thanks lou,
just a quick question i am back tracking as i am typing out all of my 203 units, in outcome 3 3.1 describe how communication with children/young people differs across different age ranges and stages of development,
i have put communication differences in relation to
a language
b sensory impairment
c speech, language or communication impairment
d cognitive abilities
e emotional state
f cultural differences
Do you think this is enough or do i need to write more sometimes i think i do go overboard and write loads then my assessor says i have done to much,
Thanks in advance

mummy to 5 05-14-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou33 (Post 47326)
I've had this unit signed off now so if you need and help just shout!!!

I'm shouting lol it's a head spinner

cool215 11-09-2016 02:49 PM

Can you help me please

Quote:

Originally Posted by mummy to 5 (Post 47387)
I'm shouting lol it's a head spinner

Hello

3.1 describe how communication with children and young people differs across differents age ranges and stages of development.

i have had it back all they want me to add detailand give examples

from jenny

Ruthierhyme 11-09-2016 02:59 PM

Hi, what ages have you included and which stages of development?

cool215 11-09-2016 03:52 PM

im unsure i had it back and all i have to do is to add more detail here and give examples