Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Can any one help please???? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14858)

hanaaa.a 01-17-2012 12:35 PM

Can any one help please????

3.4 outcome 2.1, 2.3 and 2.3

2.1 Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues.

2.2 Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting or off site visits.

2.3 Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation with reduce risk.

Any help would be appreciated thank you

hanaaa.a 02-21-2012 08:26 PM

I put.......................

Make sure that I am aware of, and follow, organisational health, safety and security procedures before I start work.

Ensure that before I begin any work activities I check and use any risk assessments examine the areas in which I work and any equipment I have to use to ensure that they are safe, hazard free and conform to legal and organisational requirements for health and safety remove, where possible, hazards that might pose a health and safety risk to myself and others.

Take account of individuals' needs, wishes, preferences and choices, while ensuring my own and the safety of individuals, key people and others when carrying out my work activities.

Operate within the limits of my own roles and responsibilities in relation to health and safety.

Seek additional support to resolve health and safety problems where necessary.

Report health and safety issues to the appropriate people and complete health, safety and
security records according to legal and organisational requirements.

Minimise risk

Identify and work with others to minimise potential risks in the place where I am working.

Ensure that my own health and hygiene does not pose a threat to others.

Ensure that the appropriate people know where I am at all times.

Check for hazards and health, safety and security risks while I am working, taking appropriate action if there is the likelihood of an accident, injury or harm.

Check that people who are present have a right to be there.

Use approved methods and procedures when undertaking potentially hazardous work activities, including using correct moving and handling techniques wearing correct personal protective clothing appropriate to the situation, environment and activities using and storing equipment and materials dealing with spillages and disposal of waste.

Take appropriate and immediate action to deal with health and environmental emergencies, including fire, security, serious and minor accidents and first aid.

Record and report on incidents and emergencies accurately, completely, within confidentiality agreements, and according to organisational and legal requirements.

Mariam 03-01-2012 02:45 AM

Support children and young people’s health and safety

Hey guyz i was wondering if you managed to get any help or info? and if that work you mentioned is correct? so I can get an idea.

I am sooo stuck on this section.
I got a floor plan of the school and have marked out
-Fire exits
-tables and chairs in hallways
-cloakrooms
and now i am stuck on what to do next.
This Unit has just gone way over my head.

Any help would be appreciated please.
Thank You.
8-)

 2.1. Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to the health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues.
 2.2 Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting or in off site visits.
 2.3 Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk.
 2.4 Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed.

Ruthierhyme 03-01-2012 09:54 AM

Hi, welcome to silkysteps, if it helps you could add more detail to the plan eg. fire extingusher, blanket & if possible fire alarm positions. Plug sockets, storage cupboards, shelving, display boards, wet dry play areas, sinks, food preparation area, cooker/fridge/kettle, notice where and how leads travel from appliance to plug maybe in an ICT area?

Demonstate would be to show your tutor/assessor when they visit to observe you :)

Off site hazards involve:
Transport
Weather
Animals & Insects
The environment
Activities
Personal safety

Find out how risk assessments are done in your setting, the documents used, when your annual review happens and how they're monitored eg. ongoing, assessments updated via meetings, review, after structural change to the building or where items have been newly added to the room, moved or removed - step five from HSE and FAQ How do I do a risk assessment

A policy procedure will contain details for how your setting conducts risk assessment for outdoor visits & trips and will involve requesting an assessment from the place you'll be visiting or undertaking an assessment by walking the route/area prior to the visit.

Prominent features of this will be parked car door mirrors forthe height of young children, places to cross roads, location of public toilets, ratios of adults - top & tailing a group or line of children and time before the outing to address safety awareness - eg. staying together where appropriate, places to meet up & times, where walking in a formation maybe give dog poop warnings, keeping in touch - ensure everyone can keep in touch by giving out a contact phone number of an adult on the outing.

Do you know how to alert others to fire
Have you taken part in a fire drill
Do you know who any named safety officers are in your setting
Do you know how to report a broken toy, slippery steps, toilet needing cleaning ..

Identifying potential hazards is about alertness, common sense and the confidence to know why it is a hazard and know how to manage & report it professionaly.

Hth, the search page will help find other posts for this unit and if you have one, a candidate handbook will support your research.

Enjoy the site xx

Mariam 03-19-2012 02:29 PM

thank you for your help Ruth... i will deffo check that out...

I cant believe the paste this course is going, it is unbelievable!... tooooo fast for me :'(

pageyj 07-12-2016 06:37 PM

2.1 Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues.

2.2 Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting or off site visits

Don't know if anyone can help with the above - I'm completing an online course so I don't have a tutor that comes out and assess my work - with the above I have demonstrated my understanding in writing however my tutor has come back and advised that I need to complete a witness/observation report. I've never filled on in below and I'm drawing a blank as not everything that we do will have hazards if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance any for any help

Ruthierhyme 07-15-2016 10:15 AM

Hi your tutor/course provider should of given you a form that you can use as a statement or report. They will also tell you who in the setting is suitable to do this as your work needs to be evidenced by experienced management.

In order to demonstrate these criteria your colleague will see you check areas of the setting for risks, making sure the rooms & resources are safe and fit for the children to be around.

When do you leave the setting?
How do you make sure the area is safe?
What would & do you do if it isn't.

SAmin09 03-27-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pageyj (Post 61695)

2.2 Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting or off site visits

Don't know if anyone can help with the above - I'm completing an online course so I don't have a tutor that comes out and assess my work - with the above I have demonstrated my understanding in writing however my tutor has come back and advised that I need to complete a witness/observation report. I've never filled on in below and I'm drawing a blank as not everything that we do will have hazards if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance any for any help

Hi there, I am stuck on this too.... how did you manage to complete this task? this unit has only got a illness chart that I have to fill according to my own work setting's policies. other than that, no other form or sheet that I have to fill in. Did your mentor observe you actually?
Your help will be appreciated