Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 2 Cert & NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   skills and techniques for supporting and encouraging children and young people’s positive behaviour? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15065)

nobies 02-03-2012 08:58 PM

skills and techniques for supporting and encouraging children and young people’s positive behaviour?

need help please 2.2 Apply skills and techniques for supporting and encouraging children and young people’s positive behaviour.
2.3 Demonstrate realistic, consistent and supportive responses to children and young people’s behaviour.
2.4 Provide an effective role model for the standards of behaviour expected of children, young people and adults within the setting.need to complete a case study to identify how i have met the above criteria with an individual and a group of pupils.I dont know were to start ive never written a case study .

shell loves cats 11-06-2012 08:32 PM

could do with some help for the effedctive role model question (TDA 2.9 part 2.4)

Ruthierhyme 11-07-2012 03:30 PM

Hi, role modelling relates to Albert Bandura's social learning theory.

If you have the heinemann level 2 handbook, on page 124 MU 2.2 it states
Acting as role models
Children notice what adults do. It is one way in which they learn positive and sometimes unwanted behaviours such as swearing. This means that adults working with children have to show positive behaviours such a kindness, taking turns and gentleness.

Effective means something is achieving what it's about. Effective role modelling can be evaluated by seeing what everyone knows about it, what they think about about it, how it influences what they do, how they do it and what the setting has in place to support it.

For TDA 2.9 see what your setting's behaviour policy or procedures are, or what any code of conduct might say for being a role model ie. how the setting expects you to behave for children to see appropriate happenings and for the children to know/set any expected behavioural boundaries in their setting .. does it mention 'adults set a good example' maybe and children agree own boundaries and rules for conduct - this may include safety issues such as running inside, playing nicely together eg. no hitting, no snatching, sharing, taking turns, kind hands, unkind words

This chapter preview will help - TDA 2.9 unit preview from hodder & the cache level 2 book that's available on amazon.co.uk

Hth xx

shell loves cats 11-07-2012 07:46 PM

thanks, i have a level 2 book by someone called carolyn meggit - couldnt find what i wanted/needed in it. my course tutor advised this book but its not as good as i would like. no point in getting another one now, course ends very soon (started in february). got one unit left to cover on the course, the other bits i have to do are what my assesor told me to do. got quite a lot of unit mu2.4 to do -got about 6 bits from that unit to do once ive got the tda 2.9 part 2.4 done