Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Policy Procedure & Planning (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   5 Outcomes (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133)

Chloe 02-24-2006 05:42 PM

5 Outcomes

When ever I have mentioned the above people have looked at me and said
"What are they?" Are they being used to replace the standards or what?
Please someone help me!:hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Patsy 02-24-2006 06:32 PM

And me and no doubt lots of others.Chloe

Chloe 02-24-2006 07:52 PM

5 Outcomes

Maybe I had a dream??!!:rotfl: :hissyfit: :thumbsup:

Ruthierhyme 02-24-2006 07:54 PM

Hi Chloe :cheerful:

Had a quick look into this and I think there is great confusion mounting because of the terms people are using when discussing it (same old huh :sarcastic !!!!!)

The 5 outcomes framework as published by Every Child Matters.gov Details 5 umbrella areas that represent levels of stable development/achievement, key points of intervention etc throughout the beginning … 0 – 19 years of a person's life.

I can’t find anywhere that suggests they are to become or be included in the national day care standards ..(although in essence it's what we are all working towards by following the standards for our age group :upsidedow !!!!)

However.. *groaans at the thought* :bomb:will keep an ear & eye out for more news!

The 5 outcomes framework can be viewed here
(it's a pdf & is very informative!!)

looby 02-25-2006 12:25 AM

on courses I have attended about the 5 outcomes they have indeed been connected to the 14 national standards these course were organised by sure start

Ruthierhyme 02-25-2006 11:56 AM

Hi Looby :cheerful:

These courses... did Surestart use the 5 outcomes loosley in the presentation of the course eg...
was it mentioned 'that this area is connected to the 'Be Healthy' outcome' ?
or was there more a definite integration of the standards and the outcomes?
(lol... sounds like double dutch!! :crazy: )

Brandy 02-25-2006 03:06 PM

Ofsted has a publication called firm foundations HMI 2436
this shows which standards link to each outcome.

Ruthierhyme 02-25-2006 03:58 PM

Sadie ... thankyou :D :thumbsup:

So the order of running is now.....

National Standards of care (from the Sure start website)

5 outcomes

Linking the National Standards to the 5 Outcomes

Each is clickable to it's resource !!

FARLEYS 04-25-2006 12:08 PM

Hi, we were told by our PDW in February that OFSTED now inspect using the 5 outcomes.

Janie 04-25-2006 07:58 PM

Chloe,
You arent dreaming about the 5 outcomes, it is true!!! Your operational plan should be divided into these outcomes using the standards as your index. I did mine when setting up the nursery and Ofsted were impressed with it on our registration. It is alot easier and shows which area needs working on for the self assesment paperwork that I have in the front of my Operational Plan as the self assesment is also based on the outcomes.

Hope I havent confused you all:dizzy:

Janie:wave: