Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   ccld 303 how to promote children 's development (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4454)

naj 07-02-2008 04:52 PM

ccld 303 how to promote children 's development

hi every one
i m heaving problem with ccld 303 how to promote children 's development from birth to 3 year how and why
please help me to do k3d218 and k3t1111 's first poi
thanks

SomeoneSpecial 07-02-2008 08:46 PM

there are lots of ways to promote development firstly you need to observe the child to find out their individual needs, age and stage of development then plan activities effectivly. For example to develop a childs gross motor skills at 6 months you may put them on a play mat on their tummy (search online for tummy time) and place toys slightly out of their reach to encourage crawling or movement.

using a range of reasorces, being a good role modle-bandura, helping a child to the top of a problem-scaffolding-piaget, putting things on a childs level, continuous provision, free play-maria montessori, allowing exploration-margret mcmillan, giving a wide range of experiances-francis frobel, stimulating safe environment, language rich environment + imaginative play-vygotsky, child led and semi structured activities.

activities which will promote holistic development-painting, sand and water play etc
activities, areas and reasorces to promote social, physical, interlectual, creative, emotional, spiritual/cultural/morel development in relation to their age and stage.

treasure basket-0-2
circle time-2+
hand songs-babies
head shoulders knees and toes-2-3

work with parents and other proffecionals if needed, encourage healthy eating and sleep routiene, routiene in the setting promoting independance and confidence, using positive reinforcement when they develop a new skill-skinner

we promote childrens development so they can reach their full potential and develop the skills to be get through life, be confident, be indipendant and be accepted by society.

hope this helps you could also mention birth to three matters

naj 07-09-2008 05:28 PM

hi
every one
big thank you to help me

naj
xxxxxx

NVQ 3 struggling 08-10-2008 01:56 PM

Have you thought about doing a timeline to complete this 1??? that is what my tutor sugested??
K3T1111 i mean

im just stuck on 12-16 years leaving home. how would i promote this?

Ruthierhyme 08-10-2008 03:39 PM

Independance and reassurance

12 - 16 are ages where it might be good to have an ongoing policy to promote showing what's available - what out of school provision there is for groups, clubs & play - career choices, places to study/work, opportunities and pathways. Opportunities for them to show how Parents support their decisions and how their present skills & interests fit certain job descriptions/criteria in the 'here & now and how they have every opportunity to build on them later .. maybe altering what they'd like to consider/pursue... that no opportunity missed is a great deal as there are always other ways of doing things !!

Benefits and money - Housing and accomodation.

Resources, toys and games that help promote leaving or staying at home. What home means and how a new home might reflect that ..

The other area of promoting leaving home is supporting the very very scary & can be real fear of leaving everything familiar behind. Making sure everyone always knows where to go for reassurance and where/when necessary for help, possibly guidance is good promotion for issues of leaving home ..

The EMA seems to feature quite largely in our lives at present, along with searches for information on Colleges, 6th form courses ..

As a reflective account possibly use your own personal experiences of what leaving home may of meant at 12 years old - and how you'd feel about it again at 13, 14, 15 and 16 ... not sure that helps but sometimes linking personal experiences can help with where to look for information ..

Hth

xx

jigna mehta 09-08-2010 02:18 PM

hi can any help me on this i am really stuck on this this the question
Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the expected patterns of child and young person development on the age range 0-16 years – main principles of children development?

this is what i need to answer
1) head to toe
2) inner to outer
3) normal ranges of development
4) development of multiple attachments
5) self concept