Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 2 Cert & NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Unit 5 K2H82 Help Plz (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9577)

jessica 03-28-2010 05:34 PM

Unit 5 K2H82 Help Plz

Hi everyone :cheerful:, I need some help on unit 5 K2H82 as it says that I need to write info about: Different types of food allergies and the importance of following setting procedures to ensure children are protected. I'm not sure about what food allergies I have to write about and should I put the info into a table??

Any help will be much appreciated :cheerful: x

Ann-Michelle 03-28-2010 05:59 PM

Food allergies inculde nut allergies, citrus friut allergies like orangers and kiwi's.
It can also include dietry requirements for other cultures like how they are not allowed to eat meat, pork, fish, beef etc.

jessica 03-28-2010 07:03 PM

Thank you Ann-Michelle

Ann-Michelle 03-28-2010 07:10 PM

No problem. I am doing my level 3 just now so i have knowlegde of level 2 as i have already done it.
So if u need help with anything else just let me know and i will try my best 2 help u or even give u an answer for u 2 put in ur own words. I find level 3 pretty hard and am thankful i have a friend who has done it and helps me out.

jessica 03-28-2010 07:13 PM

Oh right that's cool, thank you I will :), good luck with your course x

Ann-Michelle 03-28-2010 07:26 PM

No problem and thanks, good luck with urz 2.
Can u tell me how i post a thread on here as i have just started 2 use this website 2 day and done one but it came up as a poll.x

jessica 03-28-2010 08:27 PM

Hi, ok you have to click on the forum link on the top of the page and then choose what forum you want to post a thread (such as NVQ 2 CCLD). Then at the top of the forum it says NEW THREAD and you just click on that and post a thread. Hope this helps :) x

flipflop 03-28-2010 09:22 PM

help needed

Hi Ann, there loads of allergys but what you need to do is go on an anaphalaxis awareness training and it will be a great help as that is what it is about, allergies.
Meantime the allergies can be nuts, pulses, citris fruits, penicillin, creams and lotions, shampoo, perfumes, dust, latex, wool, and lots more. They all have different levels of reactions but are still allergies, but some are life threatening. Hope this helps. Ask your manager about the training it is very helpful.

Ann-Michelle 03-28-2010 09:24 PM

Hey, it was jessica that needed help for the allergy thing. Lol.
I need help with continuing professional development!! have bn doin this training all day and its starting to fry my brain. Ha ha

flipflop 03-28-2010 09:39 PM

ann

sorry Ann, it was supposed to be Jessica wasnt it. Tried to edit it but lost it. Been at this all day and just switched off for a while to see if i could help someone else.
Continuing professional dev is all about you and what you think your next step is going to be. svq 4 possibly. Do you have first aid, anaphalaxis awareness training, child protection,food and hygiene, games training, arts and crafts training or perhaps a weakness at something and you recognise some training would help like effective leadership training or confidence building not that your not confident, please dont take offence. Hope some of this helps.