Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Assessor & tutor forum (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   a1 award (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6366)

markysgirl 02-22-2009 11:33 PM

a1 award

hi peeps, i need to answer 25 essential knowledge q's as part of my training. does anyone know of any good websites or books which may help. q's include things like... outlining some of the differing needs of candidates, making sure judgements are valid, how to encourage candidates lacking in confidence....etc.

thanks for any replies

babe 03-02-2009 11:42 PM

Hi markysgirl

I can send you the ones I have completed so far if thats any good? Send me your e-mail if so!!

Brandy 03-03-2009 08:54 AM

I have 2 books s/nvq assessor handbook for ccld author kelly hill
isbn 978-0-435402-23-5 heinemann nice easy to read book full of info down to earth.

the nvq assessor and verifier and candidate handbook ros ollin and jenny tucker
isbn 978-0-7494-5110-3 not such an easy read as the first book but full of info cheaper on amazon

markysgirl 03-03-2009 10:52 AM

cheers babe, i'll let you know my email address.

markysgirl 03-03-2009 10:53 AM

thanks brandy. i might try the latter book. i already have the first. ill have a look on amazon
cheers

littlebird 03-09-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babe (Post 19261)
Hi markysgirl

I can send you the ones I have completed so far if thats any good? Send me your e-mail if so!!

Hi Babe
Please could you send me a copy of what you have done so far. would like to know if im on the right track. Some people say i have to answer the questions in writing some say i dont. Not getting much support. thanks.

babe 03-09-2009 11:56 PM

Hi Littlebird

No probs - just send me your e-mail and I will send them! I have been told to write all my knowledge and then myself and my assessor will have 3 discussions at the end to go over all the knowledge and then have 2 discussions to discuss the different types of assessment techniques that i used with my 2 chosen learners, what worked, what didn't, what i could have done instead etc!! I have 40 knowledge questions to answer!

littlebird 03-10-2009 07:39 PM

Hi Babe

Thank you so much.
I have answered most of mine now, but just not sure if im on the right track. I keep talking to different people and they say different things which makes me more confused.
:banghead:

sammyd70 10-04-2009 12:30 PM

Hi i have just begun my a1 assessors course and i was wondering if anyone could help with the following questions,
c. ensure that the evidence comes from the candidates own work
d. make safe fair valid and reliable decisions about the competence of candidates only on the agreed standard.
Any help would be greatly received

Sammyd

tbone 03-05-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babe (Post 19417)
Hi Littlebird

No probs - just send me your e-mail and I will send them! I have been told to write all my knowledge and then myself and my assessor will have 3 discussions at the end to go over all the knowledge and then have 2 discussions to discuss the different types of assessment techniques that i used with my 2 chosen learners, what worked, what didn't, what i could have done instead etc!! I have 40 knowledge questions to answer!

this sounds like wot i have got to do wouid be gratefull 4 abit of heip with knowledge questions 2 c if im on the right track thanks if ucan babe wouid heip tbone thanks again