Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   analyse the importance of supporting resilience in children and young people (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17450)

DISNEY GIRL 02-05-2013 10:34 PM

analyse the importance of supporting resilience in children and young people

Hi looking help please!! stuck on a question unit 025 how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people

question analyse the importance of supporting resilience in children and young people :bawling:

Sabriella 02-06-2013 06:28 PM

Resilience gives children confidence to try new things and stand up for themselves. Resilient children will be more likely to try new things, and be less afraid of making mistakes or hurting themselves.

Resilient children will be less likely to cry at small injuries or small mistakes and find it easier to carry on and achieve more. They will find it easier to cope with problems which is a very important life skill. This will make them overall happier and more fulfilled, and less likely to develop emotional problems such as depression or anxiety.

DISNEY GIRL 02-06-2013 11:21 PM

thank u so much for getting back to me just to let you know you have helped me so much xx

Ruthierhyme 02-07-2013 09:56 AM

Hi, to help analyse the importance and link it to practice where you support resilience in your setting this is a quote from page 171 of the Cache Level 2 handbook:

Quote:

Feelings (emotional development)
When a child falls over but gets back on the climbing frame, they are becoming resilient.
When children shout 'Look at me - I am up high' as they climb, it builds their confidence and gives them high self-esteem.
Children who have plenty of time for free movement in a safe physical environment have opportunities to become adventurous.
To understand why supporting resilience is important this is from page 128 of the Heinemann level 3 handbook
Quote:

Resilience is the ability to deal with the ups and downs of life, and is based on self-esteem. The more resilient a child is, the better they will deal with life as they grow and develop into adulthood.

Many factors can positively affect a child's resilience:
  • secure early attachments
  • confidence of being loved by family and friends
  • good sense of self-identity
  • ability to act independantly
  • confidence to try new things

The importance involves how children need the ability to protect themselves, recognise risk, personal safety and well-being and be satisfied with decisions they make for themselves that may or may not work out the way they expected them to.

Excellent reading about resilience can be found on HandsonScotland.co.uk

Best wishes

---------------------------------------------------------
CYP 3.3 6.1 analyse the importance of supporting children resilience in children and young people - search page for other threads

beckyoxby07 06-12-2013 04:17 PM

thank you :)

Phyllis Stella 07-14-2013 07:53 PM

thank you so much for your help, I think I am on the right track now.

Sazzles 10-05-2013 12:18 PM

Perfect, i really needed this help :)

Topaze 03-11-2014 12:29 PM

Thank you so much Ruthierhyme : )