Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Help needed (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22038)

nessieaboutpiglet 04-21-2020 09:51 PM

Help needed

So I'm using the current lockdown to try and get all my observations done and dusted, but need some advice on these three from my current unit. Can't ask my class teacher as obviously their not open and my online college are also not open/not being exactly helpful.
I'm also only a volunteer so in my role, I don't actually do anything to do with observations, offering much feedback or evaluating activities, so any advice would be amazing!!

Q4.2 Use required methods and materials to record observations and feedback to others on learner development, participation and progress.

Q5.1 Show how to contribute to the evaluation of learning activities.

Q5.2 Use the outcomes of observations and assessments to:

a) provide feedback to learners on their progress,
b) provide the teacher with constructive feedback on the learning activities.

Astronomalix 04-21-2022 08:21 PM

Did you manage to answer your 5.1 question ? I am stuck on the same one

nessieaboutpiglet 04-23-2022 08:49 PM

I will try and see if I still have the info for you, I cant promise I kept it though

Astronomalix 04-23-2022 09:14 PM

Oh thank you, I take it you got through your course in the end ?

nessieaboutpiglet 04-23-2022 09:21 PM

Yeah i did, but i had to extend the course quite a bit to actually pass, lockdown definitely didn't help me either. I've found the answer but not sure if i can post pictures on here as its from a scanned piece of work

Astronomalix 04-23-2022 09:28 PM

No problem, oh good pleased you got through it, I had the same problem. I didn't get mine finished in time but they offered to extend it. I had to start all over again unfortunately as it had changed to a different syllabus. Not sure id do another online course again, even with volunteering in a school its quiet hard. Fingers crossed I get through it before July.

nessieaboutpiglet 04-23-2022 09:34 PM

I definitely wish I'd done this course whilst working rather than volunteering, although I was speaking to both the class TA and teacher at the time and even they didn't understand what the course actually wanted half the time. In the end I got the teacher to sign a blank observation sheet otherwise he was just constantly signing them with the amount of referrals I was having. Each time I extended my course, it was an extra £50, think I did it 2 or 3 times, so cost me just as much to extend as the whole course did.
Not sure if its allowed, but if you're ok to give me your email address I can email you my answer for this question? I have no idea how to post pics on here otherwise

Astronomalix 04-23-2022 09:40 PM

It sounds like you might of been with the same course provider as me.
I'm having exactly the same issues the Teachers and the TA's have no idea what some of the questions are asking. Some questions are long winded and they could just be straight to the point
My email is

nessieaboutpiglet 04-23-2022 09:49 PM

You should have an email from me :) Hope it helps

Astronomalix 04-23-2022 09:54 PM

Thank you so much