Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training, Qualifications & CPD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245)
-   -   Foundation Degree (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425)

cybertwin 09-14-2006 08:04 PM

Foundation Degree

Hi all

hope you dont mind me saying but

I AM GOING TO UNI!!!!

got accepted onto the foundation degree course in Basingstoke. i am so pleased

am going with one of my deputies and good friends!

cant wait

induction on week sat, now to laze around, making a mess and sleeping just like a student!!

Ruthierhyme 09-14-2006 08:25 PM

Oh Blimey Sarah that is fantastic news .. Congratulations.. lol :cheerful: :thumbsup:

So have you got yourself some new pencils and pads of Paper :D

cybertwin 09-14-2006 08:37 PM

thank you, well i have a bit of stationary

6 pencil cases, all different - just love smiths sale! paper clips, tape etc.
new uni bag

am bit of a stationary person!! just cant resist a new pen or gadjet.

Ruthierhyme 09-14-2006 09:31 PM

LoL :D snap ! I love an excuse to pick up stationary stuff too !!!

Is the Uni quite close to you ?

cybertwin 09-15-2006 06:39 AM

yes, we are in a village about 15mins drive away. the course is based at king alfreds in winchester, but we are doing it in a centre in Basingstoke. so this is really handy.
i will drop kids at respective places and get on a train, 5 mins, then am there.

hubby will have to pick them up as finish later!!!

i looovvee stationary, cant resist it. although do loose plenty when other people are around! they know i always have a pen

looby 09-15-2006 08:07 PM

can I just ask? If you and your deputy doing it together does it not mean you will be both out of setting together? If so have you covered it some other way?Sorry interested cos just embarking on applying,and it is late for september intake,when did you apply?
thanks your help

looby 09-15-2006 08:09 PM

sorry cybertwin i realise you didnt just apply forget that last question!

cybertwin 09-15-2006 11:04 PM

hi
i applied in the middle of august, and we had interview last week, although been thinking about it for 2 years, but hubby has been ill so couldnt start till now

and i have 2 deputies, so one will be in the setting, the other one does not want to do it. also have all staff qualified to level 3!! really pleased about that one!!

i think our uni may do a feb intake as well, not sure though

looby 09-16-2006 08:44 PM

well i am going to look into to it on monday for jan or feb intake but only have one dep are you applying for transformation fund to help?

cybertwin 09-16-2006 09:31 PM

not sure what we are doing for funding as waiting for the info

although not heard of transformation fund

is this the sure start funding?