Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Cypw unit 022 outcome 1.2. sequence and rate of development. (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15736)

crtw41 04-13-2012 03:26 PM

Cypw unit 022 outcome 1.2. sequence and rate of development.

I have a really good textbook called cypw level 3 diploma that is really useful and goes through each assignment. However i can't find any notes on the question 1.2 which asks to 'explain the difference between sequence of development and rate of development and why the difference is important'. Can anybody point me in the right direction. I'm struggling on this one. Thanks.

spelky~brooks 04-13-2012 03:45 PM

:smile:

This may help a little, gives you a basic idea of what you need to write about..

 It is important to know the difference between the sequence and the rate of development as it gives us direction when it comes to monitoring child/young persons needs during stages of their school years. We can then plan effectively to make sure the child receives the help and support they need in areas they could find difficult. E.g. Physical development should follow a specific pattern; a baby of 0~3 months should be expected to move their head, arms and legs before being able to lift their heads at 3~6 months. A child of 4 should be writing their names and drawing basic pictures before moving on to more complex tasks of joined up writing at around the age of 8.
 The sequence of child development is common amongst most children but what often changes is the rate in which they develop. Therefore it is important that we monitor this in order to put in place definite methods of intervention or help they need in order for their development to progress in whichever phase of their learning they are struggling in.

:thumbsup:

crtw41 04-13-2012 05:41 PM

Thanks for that. I'd put together something along those lines, just didn't think i'd written enough for this part of the assignment. Will show it to my assessor and i'm sure she'll tell me if i need to write more. I really appreciate your reply. Thanks
Cheryl.

spelky~brooks 04-13-2012 07:23 PM

No problem Cheryl...sometimes it just hepls to get another point of view...

Glad it helped a little.

:wave:

Teddy-steps 05-06-2012 09:53 PM

This helped me also, thank you :)

joodle 06-18-2012 04:35 PM

:thumbsup:
Thanx, this has helped me to get going on this outcome.

loobieloo 06-18-2012 04:40 PM

This is what I put for 1.2 (1), but could not think of 1.2 (2). lol

1. The difference between sequence development and rate of development is some aspects of development follow a definite sequence, such as in physical development babies learn to lift their heads before they can sit but the rate at what they do it at will vary between each child so some babies will sit up unsupported at 7 months while others may take a couple of months longer. There is a definite pattern to a child developing such as a toddler being able to walk before they can run. Rate means the speed in which a child develops. When a child develops if they achieve this by sequencing it enables you to plan effectively and at the right time. When recording the rate of development it helps you to identify any concerns that you may have within the development area, this enables you to further investigate why this is happening.

Thank you for your help xx