Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pirates (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Talk Like A Pirate Day! (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407)

Miss Muffet 09-09-2006 05:25 PM

Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Garrr! Whilst on my cybertravels, I noticed an idea for Talk Like A Pirate Day, now it's obviously not official, but it sounds like fun .....imagine being able to call your colleagues scurvy curs and the like all day and get away with it!!!Yarrr!! :D

If you fancy having a giggle, me hearties, it's planned for 19th September. Check out the rest of this forum for mutinous ideas, strap on your wooden leg and it's anchors aweigh! :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
Pirate themed resources:

Pirtate hats for role play from amazon

Suggested book list for Pirate themed titles

Pirate dog's keys paint based treasure chest game, includes pattern to make eye patches and key shapes for numeracy activities.

And just outside this thread - Pirate forum

Iced pirate treasure:

1/4 fill a number of plastic cups with black coloured water and freeze.
Once frozen remove from the freezer to add a coin or other piratey treasure and fill to the top with clear water. Sprinkle a little glitter to some of the cup surfaces if wanted and freeze again until solid.

Remove the moulds from the cups with warm/hotter water and add to a treasure, pirate themed sand tray for role play ..

Include some risk assessed rocks, gold and silver plates for panning type activities and small figures for enactment ..

and on the melt ..

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Ruthierhyme 07-30-2007 09:49 PM

More resources for this day ...

www.yarr.org.uk

Fab site .. they'll be releasing a single for the day with proceeds going to a well known charity .. there's a few other Piratey downloads on there as well :cheerful:

Miss Muffet 07-31-2007 10:00 AM

By the powers! What a fine find by ye, matey. Have a flagon of grog. Arrr! :pirate:

Patsy 07-31-2007 04:49 PM

Only one,that's a bit mean!!!!By the way food = rations.

Ruthierhyme 08-01-2007 01:11 PM

Arghhhhh I can't do it :D lol

Talk the talk that is .. I'll give the grog a go :wide-eyed does it come with a warning label !!?

Miss Muffet 08-03-2007 10:01 AM

Aye lass - Don' overdo it or you'll be findin' yerself in Davy Jones' locker :crab:....and that there be a bad thing. Garr.:pirate:

Miss Muffet 09-18-2007 07:50 PM

:bump:

Just bumping this thread - the event is tomorrow me hearties. :pirate:

Ruthierhyme 09-05-2010 12:25 PM

and another bump three years on with an add to the original post - a few resource links and a play idea for frozen pirate treasure

If you're planning something piratey have a great time :pirate: xx