Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Need help with some questions on HSC3045 ! (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15972)

mominah 05-12-2012 11:12 PM

Need help with some questions on HSC3045 !

================================================== ===========
Focussed support for unit 115 / CYPOP 41 / HSC 3045
================================================== ===========

Hi,

Im working on the be able to sections of HSC3045 on promoting positive behviour and I need some guidance or resoruces to use for it:

4.2. demonstrate how to respond to incidents of challenging behaviour following behaviour support plans, agreed ways working or organisational guidelines.

4.3. Explain the steps taken to maintain the dignity and respect of an individual whne rsponding to incident of challenging behaviour.

5.1. Demostrate methods to support an individual to return to a calam state following an incident of challenging behaviour.

5.4. Demonstare how to debrief other involved in an incident of challenign behaviour.

Please someone help me in completeing this optional module, really regret doing this module, as too difficult to find books for this unit.:bawling:

Spikey 05-13-2012 12:19 PM

I'm doing this optional unit too although I've not even looked at it yet. I'm leaving it til last, which means I'll be looking at it very soon (happy days!).

I spoke to my tutor about this unit because there is very little information in the book. She suggested looking at the good old internet and looking back through the textbook because there is some of the information already there in previous units!

For 4.2, 4.3 and 5.5 she told me to "write a R/A which demonstrates how you have responded appropriately to incidents of challenging behaviour. Explain the steps that are taken to maintain the dignity and respect of an individual when responding to an incident of challenging behaviour. Describe the steps that should be taken to check for injuries following an incident of challenging behaviour."

I know this is basically what the questions are asking, but somehow when she told me that, it seemed to make more sense!?! Maybe just me.

I admit I'm dreading this unit! Sorry I'm not a week or two ahead of myself otherwise we could help each other through it.

Good luck - I'll be knocking on your door soon for help!

mominah 05-13-2012 11:13 PM

Hi,

I've already done two R/A on this unit, and still haven't covered all, its sometimes difficult to cover all criteris in one R/A, Yeh sure found silky step quiet helpful with some of the questions and the CACHE LEVEL 3 book CYP3.2, is also quiet helpful for HSC3045, do use it while ur working on this unit, and there are many sites that help with things proactive and reactive strategies, there is loads of information on that on the internet.

Try to get witness testiomony for some assessment criteria from your workplacement/job as it would definitely save time and hastle.
Thanks for trying to help.

Good luck with ur course.

Spikey 05-20-2012 09:34 AM

Thank you :-) I do feel like I've hit a brick wall with this unit and SCMP2!