Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   CYPW 3.1 Understand Child and Young person development (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16411)

Lexxiestar 07-11-2012 11:33 AM

CYPW 3.1 Understand Child and Young person development

5.1 Explain how different types of transitions can affect children and young people’s development.

My mind has come to a complete block on this, all I have to work with is

-Emotional, affected by personal experience e.g. bereavement, entering/leaving*care*
-Physical e.g. moving to a new educational establishment, a new home/locality,*from one activity to another*
-Physiological e.g. puberty, long term medical conditions*
-Intellectual e.g. moving from pre school to primary to post primary

Im just struggling to word on how it affects the childs/young persons development! HELP!:bawling::hissyfit:

Any help is greatly appreciated!:cheerful:

Giggles79 07-11-2012 11:41 AM

Hi, this was the last unit i did and its been signed off by my tutor, hopefully it might help you a little bit, you are on the right track hope my words help you find your own!!

There are many different types of transitions that can affect children or young person’s development some of these are:

• Emotional – These transitions could be something which affects the child personally such as the death of a loved one, separation of parents, entering or leaving care.
• Physical – This could be moving from one nursery room to another, moving house, moving towns or simply moving from one activity to another.
• Physiological – This could be dealing with a long term medical condition such as cerebral palsy or a chromosome problem, in older children it could be puberty, scarring through illnesses or accidents.
• Intellectual –This could be leaving nursery for primary school, primary school for high school or a change in setting completely.

Children and young people may be affected by the transitions they make, sometimes the effects are short term and temporary, however it is important that adults working with children and young people monitor them as some cases extra support may be needed.

Lexxiestar 07-11-2012 02:17 PM

You are a star! All completed now, thankyou, just needed that to get my mind on track
:With love:
X

Giggles79 07-11-2012 02:31 PM

Awwwwwww no worries glad I could help!!

:) x x x

crowey 05-17-2013 11:45 AM

Hi, stuck on last unit, explain how different types of transitions may affect a child or young person? Can anyone help at all?

xx

Ruthierhyme 05-17-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowey (Post 53820)
Hi, stuck on last unit, explain how different types of transitions may affect a child or young person? Can anyone help at all?

xx

Hi does this help

From unit CYP 3.1

1. Types of transitions are

Emotional - personal experiences such as parent's separating, bereavement, begining or leaveing a place of care.
Physical - change in environments
Intellectual - maturation, moving from one educational establishment to another.
Physiological - puberty or medical conditions

Helpful resources:Best wishes

crowey 05-17-2013 08:49 PM

thanks, am struggling on but now stuck on the next question 1.4, have posted in on another thread!! It's so confusing this Unit 33!! :(