Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   1.1 outline current legislations guidelines, policies and procedures within own uk home national affecting the safeguard (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15133)

xjadex 02-09-2012 11:01 PM

1.1 outline current legislations guidelines, policies and procedures within own uk home national affecting the safeguard

CYP 3.3 Task 1.3

hello can any one help me im stuck on unit CYP Core 3.3 unit 1.1- 1.1 outline current legislations guidelines, policies and procedures within oen uk home national affecting the safeguarding of children and young people. im really stuck and dont know were to start, :hissyfit: thankyou in advance

hanaaa.a 02-10-2012 12:14 PM

This is what i put...........

Policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people are -

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989 - which ensure that children are safe and looked after, children have the right to be protected from all forms of physical or mental violence, injury or abuse, neglect, negligent treatment, maltreatment or exploitation including sexual abuse by those looking after them.

Children Act 1989 - Parents and professionals must work to ensure the safety of the child. Local Authority has ‘a duty to investigate when there is a reasonable cause to suspect that a child suspect that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm.

The Education Act 2002 - This sets out the responsibilities of Local Education Authorities (LEAs), Governing bodies, head teachers and all those working in schools to ensure that children are safe and free from harm.

Children Act 2004 - This provides the legal framework for Every Child Matters. It includes the requirement for: Services to work more closely, forming an integrated service.

Working Together to Safeguard Children 2006 - This sets out the duties of organisations and how they must work together to safeguard children and young people.

Hope this helps!

Ruthierhyme 02-10-2012 01:10 PM

Hi, this thread may also help: outlining legislation and if useful level 3 handbook search on amazon

Best wishes xx

xjadex 02-18-2012 09:44 PM

thankyou thats helped alot :)

Smummy123 02-27-2014 12:30 PM

Hi again, I'm really struggling getting this unit together!! I need to make a time line which indicates serious case reviews e.g lemming and bishard and the resulting changes in guidance and practice???

I have a very poorly child and it's so hard to concentrate but this needs to be done.

Please any pointers will be great p.s I am not creative at all so it's hard for me to work out how to organise this on paper.

Thank you
Smummy

laurabass 08-23-2014 11:33 AM

Outline current legislation, guidelines policies and procedures within own UK Home Nation affecting the safeguarding of children and young people.

hiya I'm also stuck on the same question but I have to include the children's act 2006 and have researched it but does not make a lot of sense to me and need someone to just help or explain its main purpose and if its the same framework for children's act 2004?

rotty dog 08-23-2014 08:16 PM

Hi, This is what I wrote, I don't know if it helps but it got me the unit signed off.
I got really caught up in researching for this unit, I think the trick is not to over complicate it and just get the main points across.

1.1. Outline current legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures within own UK Home Nation affecting the safeguarding of children and young people

Current legislation is the result of The children Act 1989 which was brought in to ensure that all people who work with children worked together and were clear about their responsibilitys and knew how to act if allegations of child abuse were made.
Following the death of Victoria Climbie in the year 2000 an independent inquiry highlighted many problems with how reports of neglect and child abuse were dealt with and found that vulnerable people in society were not being safeguarded.
The Laming report led to the governments Every Child Matters paper and The Children Act 2004.
The every child matters paper is aimed at ensuring every child should be helped to have positive outcomes in life .They should: stay safe, enjoy and achieve,have economic well being and make a positive contribution.
The main points of the 2004 Children act was that every local authority has a director of children's services who is ultimately responsible for ensuring that children are safeguarded. Local safeguarding board's were set up and children's wishes taken into account. Children's services now have a duty to safeguard children and to work together with a multi- agency approach to promote their welfare. The common assessment framework was introduced to identify children's needs.
In 2009 the vetting and barring scheme was introduced, anyone working with children and vulnerable adults needs to have their personal information checked to prevent unsuitable people working in these areas. The scheme is now called the disclosure and barring service.

Keep smiling,
Rotty dog x

BeckyC 05-31-2017 11:28 AM

hi all

I'm also now just on this unit but need to make into a chart of the legislations and need to provide evidence.....can anyone tell me the best website that identifies most of the current up to date legislations? I have the handbook but will use web too and after just getting in my last unit I'm so brain frazzled I don't now where to start x

Ruthierhyme 05-31-2017 01:39 PM

Hi the government website and its legislation.gov.uk are the ones with the greatest duty to keep information up-to-date.

The NSPCC has a page dedicated to each of the UK's home nations detailing safeguarding law, policy and guidance for example here if you work in England

The other best source is your tutor :)

Hth xx

leadfoot23 10-01-2018 11:37 AM

Can anyone help me with the Munro report 2012 on this Question?