Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   eymp 1 (1.2) different approaches to work with children (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14464)

sarah.payne 11-22-2011 03:48 PM

eymp 1 (1.2) different approaches to work with children

The question is ..... Explain how different approaches to work with children in the early years have influenced current provision in the uk?

I am stuck on Country Specific: Statutory or guidance

This is the only one holding me back on completing this question I ahev done
Reggio emilia, High/scope, Montessori, Steiner, Common Core.

Can any one give me any guidance on this one please?

Ruthierhyme 11-23-2011 01:26 PM

Hi, the 4 home nation countries of the UK each have individual frameworks for their early years provision, that are each developing in their own way. You'll need to read through the one relevant to where you live ..

1. England - eyfs
2. Northern Ireland - foundation
3. Scotland - prebirth to 3 and Curriculum for excellence
4. Wales - foundation phase

Hth xx

sarah.payne 11-23-2011 02:13 PM

Thank you so I just explain about those contries and how they have thier curriculum etc and then relate it back to The eyfs in england?

Ruthierhyme 11-23-2011 04:03 PM

Hi, you need to link it to, or write about the framework of the home nation that you live in.
England? NI? Scotland? Wales?

There are common features between them all rather than the direct influences that educational approaches such as Reggio Emilia had/have, notably

- Parent partnership
- Learning through active participation and play
- A need for balancing adult and child led/initiated activities
- That the framework supports practitioners to deliver education holistically although areas of learning are individually named, divided or categorised.
- A recognised importance of assessing children's individual needs

One significant difference between all four here is that England's Early Years Foundation Stage is the only framework to include children aged less than 3 within its statutory positon. All other nations provide guidance, good practice and recommendations - Scotland's Prebirth to three.

Hope this helps a little more.

chloethatcher 10-14-2013 11:33 AM

hi please can somebody help em with this question i dont have a clue where to start it the question is EYMP1-1.2 Explain how different approaches to work with children in the early years have influenced current provision in the UK? this is my final question to complete my whole level 3.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Chloe

Ruthierhyme 10-14-2013 12:24 PM

Hi, using the knowledge you've gained through your completed work explain how the different approaches have impacted on eg, project approach, child led and centered provision, parent partnerships, 'freeflow, how a setting is set up, the type of open-ended resources offered in a setting, training and the expected standards of care given by professional practitioners.

There are a few more ideas on this page - EYMP 1 differing approached to children's educational play

Best wishes