Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Cypw Cypop 30 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12854)

kirsty 05-23-2011 11:17 AM

Cypw Cypop 30

My 2nd to last unit!!!
Any advice on the following would be appreciated....

1.3 Explain the difference between formal and informal creative activity

2.2 Explain the importance of encouraging children and young people to recognise and value creativity

3.3 Explain the importance of encouraging carers to support children and young peoples creative development

4.1 Explain the importance of spending creative time with children and young people in creative activity

Have some thought but not sure if on right track

sara31 05-23-2011 11:56 AM

hi i have just started that unit, i m a bit stuck to like you, but i have found a website on google search hands on scotland creativity in children and young people it has helped a bit, but if you find any thing else i will be greatful of the help thanks

sallywallysally 05-25-2011 08:30 PM

CYpop30

i am getting stuck on write to put tp paper please help on this one... thanks

kirsty 05-25-2011 08:35 PM

If its any help my assessor has advised the following:

2.2 You need to discuss that by encouraging children to recognise creativity, it helps them to use their imaginations to solve problems and see things in different ways. It also allows them to focus on any problems they may have and learn to express themselves in different ways.

3.3 By providing the materials, (music, recipes etc) vocabulary and support for creative play, adults are helping children to achieve the above and are modelling ways of processing thoughts and links.

4.1 By modelling, discussing, and showing an interest and encouraging creative play helps children to recognise the value and their own good ideas. Throughout creative play, the children are learning all sorts of other things in a holistic way. eg: cause and effect, roles and responsibilities, number skills, vocabulary.( A child playing with playdough is experiencing texture, conservation - same amount of playdough no matter what shape it is in, motor skills, talking about what they are making and learning vocabulary and role play etc etc)

sallywallysally 05-25-2011 08:38 PM

Thank you, i am starting the tasks now( my last unit yay) just cant get my head round this one its a mental block after doing all the others.... thanks you x

teddy bear 08-11-2012 02:51 AM

Formal creative activities: Formal creative activities are what you do for and with other people, for example: drama groups, music groups, art classes, creative writing groups, discussion/debating groups, fashion design classes, architectural design/drawing.

Informal creative activities :Informal creative activities are what you do by yourself, for yourself, for example: creative thinking, cooking, baking, flower arranging e.g flower arranging, how many arrangements are identical when made by different people ( a child or young person may prefer cutting stems shorter and arranging in a basket whereas another may prefer to arrange using longer stems in a taller vessel., decorating, computer gaming etc.
Hope this will help.

KristyC 09-29-2012 08:44 AM

I'm just researching for CYPOP 30 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 and have come across this that might be useful to others
CYPOP 7 info
Even though it's more to do with CYPOP 7 there is a useful page at the back with links to other websites.

sarah manktelow 01-09-2013 12:55 PM

Hi my assessor is in soon and I need to plan a creative activity and I thought a sock puppet would be good they can decorate with or draw and cut out the eyes or use googly eyes and crafty bits and I thought I would make a cardboard box puppet theatre and they can act out a play this will help with imagination do you think this is a good ????????

Chelltune 01-09-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah manktelow (Post 51305)
Hi my assessor is in soon and I need to plan a creative activity and I thought a sock puppet would be good they can decorate with or draw and cut out the eyes or use googly eyes and crafty bits and I thought I would make a cardboard box puppet theatre and they can act out a play this will help with imagination do you think this is a good ????????

Sounds good to me. We did paper plate snowmen when I was assessed before Christmas. I had a 13 mthd old and a two year old. The younger child ended up just playing with a bowl of cotton wool while the older child did the creative activity.

I now need to do the rest of the unit. My assessment covered 30 something percent. The book I have doesn't cover the optional units so I wasn't sure where to start. Thid yhread has helped.

LilEm 01-13-2013 05:09 PM

Can anyone help me with CYPOP 30 3.1, as i am stuck on what to write