Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=272)
-   -   Unit 402 policies and procedures (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3178)

brown owl 11-04-2007 02:36 PM

Unit 402 policies and procedures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephski (Post 7788)
hi there, i've recently started my NVQ4 . has anyone else out there started it?

If so, how are you finding it? i'm a bit all over the place and confused.
I think this is because we were lead to believe something else before we started the course.

Stephski xxx :dizzy:

Hi there
I have just started my NVQ L4 in CCLD and wonder if you could give me any pointers as I am finding it hard to get my head round it. I am starting with Unit 402 and policies and procedures

thanks

Ruthierhyme 11-04-2007 02:52 PM

Hi Brown owl,

I hope you don't mind but I've moved your question to its own thread, I'm sure someone who's done/doing this unit will be along to help out soon.

Do you know what policies & procedues your group/setting has in place at the moment, where they are kept, who has access to them and why ?

A warm welcome to Silkysteps btw :D, enjoy yourself & everything here ..

Link to NVQ 4 Unit 402 details

brown owl 11-04-2007 03:45 PM

Hi Ruthierhyme

No I don't mind about you moving it to its own thread.

I have all the policies and procedures here (at my house) my problem is getting the info down on paper - setting it out etc, what do you include etc.

I completed my L3 about 5 years ago and it is hard getting my studying head on again!!

Ruthierhyme 11-04-2007 06:30 PM

I'd be interested in how others present & index the work for the final submission !

If anyone has a generic layout/format that they applied to each unit & would like to share it as a downloadable document on here, please drop me an email .. silky@silkysteps.com

Butterflyfllutterby 11-04-2007 08:36 PM

Hi have just started NVQ L4 in CCLD, but the first unit i was given is 401 Working with professionals? I'm handing it in on Monday, i'm not sure whether the format i used is correct i'm sure i will find out soon

brown owl 11-14-2007 05:30 PM

Hi everyone

Spoken to my assessor this afternoon and she is going to email me some questions on a different unit - I think it is the one about communication???

So far I come onto the computer to do some more work on NVQ but get distracted by ths site and the games!!!

Altough something must be working as I am starting to reflect on my practice at work with my colleagues and thinking how I could do things better, so have started my reflective diary!!

Ruthierhyme 11-14-2007 06:09 PM

cool , good for you ... no blaming the games for distraction :D lol .. let us know how you decide to go about the unit.

Rose 11-16-2007 07:05 PM

Ccld 402

I am just looking at CCLD 402, starting a bit of research for the knowledge spec -has anyone got any useful websites/books to recommend
many thanks. :reading:

brown owl 11-16-2007 07:23 PM

Dear Rose

I used my Level 4/5 handbook and read the chapter about legislation, I also used my search engine and entered in Children's act etc and then used the information to write down a brief insight as to what the legislation was about, I also quoted bits too.

I must admit, I am finding this unit hard going it is my first.

I have also ordered the Early Years Management Handbook too.

best of luck

Brown Owl

Butterflyfllutterby 11-16-2007 07:23 PM

Hi,

I am working on that unit at the moment, i have based my answers around our group policies and procedures, plus hand outs from assessor, also the level 3 CCLD book has been of some help. haven't managed to find any good web sites as yet.