Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Level 3 CYPW unit 3.1 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12534)

olwen 04-16-2011 02:27 PM

Level 3 CYPW unit 3.1

Hi! im new to this website and course! i was wondering if anybody could help me on a question in this first unit 301
Q 4.2. Explain how multi agency teams work together to support speech,language and communication.
Q4.3 explain how play and activities are used to support the development of speech,language and communication.

Heidi 04-16-2011 06:04 PM

Websites to look on
Ican
the literacy trust
the communication trust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olwen (Post 36773)
Hi! im new to this website and course! i was wondering if anybody could help me on a question in this first unit 301
Q 4.2. Explain how multi agency teams work together to support speech,language and communication.

Meeting together, talking through of help/resources/support needed for the child/family/setting - helps by everyone being there, having a common objective/goal/target - knowing who is going to do what and when - knowing who to contact if more advice/support needed - working together cohesively towards a common goal - meetings/minutes/communication collectively providing correct/up-to-date information.

Q4.3 explain how play and activities are used to support the development of speech,language and communication.

Develop an iep to support the development of S/L&C incorporating the play and/or activities that a child enjoys or chooses. If you are hoping to help a child with S/L&C they will progess if they are doing something they enjoy, so if 'Nino' likes areoplanes - it stands to reason that it's better to use that play activity rather than make him do 'fiddley threading' which he isn't keen on or not developmentally able to yet.

olwen 04-17-2011 10:04 PM

Thanks for the help, really helped with those questions. got until wed to finish this first unit! How long have you been doing the course?

Heidi 04-19-2011 06:10 PM

Over 20 years in the sector with degree+eyp.

charlielou 01-31-2014 05:37 PM

I am stuck on ideas for this one. some guidance please.

Diane Gills 02-10-2014 12:04 PM

what does S/L&C mean please - I hate abbreviations!

sarahfaith399 02-10-2014 02:15 PM

Hi all, one thing I am struggling with is the amount of detail and how much to write, I recently did a degree and so am very used to this style of writing, but I notice that most of the work that has been signed off has been only a few sentences worth??
Pleeeeeeeease can you help

sarahfaith399 02-10-2014 02:15 PM

Hi all, one thing I am struggling with is the amount of detail and how much to write, I recently did a degree and so am very used to this style of writing, but I notice that most of the work that has been signed off has been only a few sentences worth??

sarahfaith399 02-10-2014 02:16 PM

How much to write?

sarahfaith399 02-10-2014 02:16 PM

How much to write?

Hi all, one thing I am struggling with is the amount of detail and how much to write, I recently did a degree and so am very used to this style of writing, but I notice that most of the work that has been signed off on this site has been only a few sentences worth??