Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Cyp 3.3 1.2 CHILD PROTECTION WITHIN THE WIDER CONCEPT OF SAFEGUARDING (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15506)

lauraJ 03-15-2012 11:52 AM

Cyp 3.3 1.2 CHILD PROTECTION WITHIN THE WIDER CONCEPT OF SAFEGUARDING

HI HELP NEEDED PLEASE

1.2 EXPLAIN CHILD PROTECTION WITHIN THE WIDER CONCEPT OF SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE

seriously need help have put this off for ages and now only have 1 week to complete x

laura x:dizzy:

spelky~brooks 03-15-2012 12:03 PM

:thumbsup: Hope this helps a little....

Child protection is part of the wider work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering from any form of abuse or neglect. It also involves protecting children and young people from maltreatment and preventing impairment of a child’s health and development by ensuring children are raised in positive circumstances by providing safe and caring environments. Parents or carers who fail to protect or care for their children could then be taken to court and the child be then removed from the home and placed into care.
Wider forms of safeguarding also include; risk assessments such as providing a safe environment inside and outside a school setting. Adhering to school policies, procedures and legislation i.e. health and safety, fire drills and missing children.
Keeping up to date with training in safeguarding issues. Encouraging learning and development of children and young people.
Assessing observations to identify additional support needs a child or young person will need (CAF) which is a common assessment framework,this system enables multi agencies to access and add information about children.

:smile:

lauraJ 03-15-2012 01:57 PM

thank you so much x

spelky~brooks 03-15-2012 09:14 PM

:thumbsup:

No problem...I hope it helped.

Tracy x

emziebub88 02-23-2013 02:37 PM

did either of you write anything about the EYFS in this?? Just that I've had mine referred because I need to make reference to the EYFS soI put how in england the early years foundation stage has welfare requirements that means child protection is a separate part to the all the overall practices needed for safeguarding.

tomatotoes 10-15-2015 07:03 PM

I still don't understand this question at all what am I being asked to do

Ruthierhyme 10-15-2015 08:17 PM

Hi, welcome to the site. This criteria helps you to understand that safeguarding is everything you do to keep children safe, and Child protection ie. protecting child from abuse - neglect, physical, emotional and sexual is one part of all that safeguarding.

Ask your workplace for a copy of their safeguarding policy and see what it says about child protection.

Pages 109+ of the level 3 handbook explain this with depth.

Hth