Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Diploma Level 3 CYP, Worried Im behind???? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11540)

TRACI 01-13-2012 04:35 PM

I started at the end of July2010 and it has to be finished by 16th January 2012. I was first told it would take 1 year. Then when my assessor came to see me she said it takes 6 months. I have 4 questions to do then it is all done, can't wait to get my life back. These last units are going slow.

Sam_oneill 01-13-2012 04:57 PM

I started mine in April after finishing my level 2 and have really struggled, have been at the point of quitting quite a few times but have stuck with it.

I was told at the start that i had a year to complete, however over xmas was told by my assessor that i only have til end of Jan to complete as i only recieved 10 months funding :(

I have managed to do over 30% in last few weeks and have only got 2 more units left to do CYPOP17 and CYPOP 7 (which i'm finding the hardest unit of all), Then just any left over bits.

Its been hard trying to get it done on such a tight deadline, especially with 2 young children, a job and everything else, actually cant wait to finish now that i know i'm so close now i'm 85% complete, gonna work really hard over weekend and see if i can get finished!.

the end is in sight!!!!!! wooo hoooo!

mrskopite 01-13-2012 09:34 PM

My work colleagues & I were given the file to look over in November 2011 & told we had 15 months to complete it. The assessor came today as the funding has come through (finally0 & informed us it is to be done in 6 months!!! We all work full time & are going to do one exam each month. Don't think it will be possible to do all this !!!

Mockingbird 01-14-2012 01:56 PM

I've just completed the diploma, it took me just under a year, though i had 16 months to do it in.
It seems the work involved isn't the same for everyone......
I had no such assignments to write, all my written work was done as questions and answers... yes, there were alot of them and some took longer than others, but i had none of this 17 assignments to write..

Gemgems 01-15-2012 12:17 PM

Hi

I too signed up in October 2011 and so far I have never seen my tutor she booked a visit but was a no show and way to cut a long story short after a lot of ringing I have a new tutor I'm due to meet her on Monday and I'm upset as I feel so behind as I've had NO support other then my own mind.

I have however plodded on and Ive got most of SCH 31, 33 and 34 and some of cyp 34 ready to mark my new tutor says Ive done well to try and tackle some of the work alone! But still feel a little in the dark.

I did my NVQ2 in 5 months and loved every bit, I'm just hoping after meeting my new tutor on Monday I can feel the love in this one haha

Just keep going I'm sure it will all fall into place x

kas14 03-09-2012 02:43 PM

course

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink86 (Post 34448)
Hi,

I am also on this course. I started in november and it finishes in may!!
Everyone on my course is behind and finding it very hard. We have already had three people leave!

We have an ongoing assignmnet where we have to carry out 6 observations, we have just got given another three page assignmnet and were getting another assignmnet next week. Being a single parent and working 4 day's a week i am finding this course impossible. Myself and eveyone else wishes it stayed as the NVQ and made that more in depth.

everyone works at their own levels, i started my diploma in november and i have already handed in 9 assignments but there are others who are still only on there second, work at your own speed and one that you feel comfortable x

kezza735 05-02-2012 08:08 AM

Hi I started the level 3 diploma in CYPW back in Sept 2011 & finding it a struggle between work & family. Can`t believe how in depth & how much work & research required I spend my Wednesday off studying & doing my assignments. I did my NVQ 2 few yrs ago & found it easy & that was still with working & family. But persisting as know it will be worth it in the end x

olwen 05-02-2012 12:54 PM

I started mine jan 2011 and ive got 3 months left to complete the course!! I feel im behind a bit and it's especially hard trying to juggle work, kids and housework! it'll be worth it in the end tho. got a few more units left, so maybe we could help eachother out here and there :)

Yazmin06 11-06-2012 08:19 PM

I started this course in sept 2011 I am doing the 2 year diploma and even though I have 2 years I am struggling too I flew through level 2 and thought level 3 would be a tad harder but not this hard I have a part time job a husband that works extremely long hours and 3 children to deal with on my own I am finding it hard to get any work done and don't get much support of my tutor. I am thinking about quitting the course if things don't start to get any better x

Lisa13 11-06-2012 11:43 PM

I started my diploma in september and we are asked to do 2 units per month so that we will finish the course with 18 months as we receive no help from our tutor after this time, it is hard when your a working mum and wife with a house to run, I have done 3 units so far and I am wondering if I will be able to find the time and sacrifice my family commitments for 18 months.