Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   child protection 305 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6969)

Ruthierhyme 01-20-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs (Post 26404)
I have just finished 305! Wa-hoooooooo

:D Many congratulations :proposetoast:

shirley3593 02-19-2010 02:37 PM

Thank you for pleading our case. I have gone back to work after having children and now grandchildren. I have achieved aN NVQ3 in playwork ( I sailed through that no problem) Now am doing NVQ3 in Child care etc.. have managed to cross reference quite a bit. I must be really thick, not having done profiles before, nor referenced to EYFS, I am completely stuffed with a lot of it. Plodding through gently and carefully thankfully to this site.

Would the intellegent, young and knowing ones,please take it easy on this particular old timer. She is in her fifties, got 7 children and 15 grand children and still finding out from this course how to look after children :rotfl:

jstar 03-05-2010 01:06 AM

Well done sjs! I am days away from handing in a completed portfolio and this site has been such a massive help. I have been slogging away for months at home with very limited support from college and its great how everyone here looks out for each other. Obviously with one rude exception above... ;-)

rhi 03-05-2010 05:41 PM

some people (tutu) just dont seem to understand that some of us have are not very good academically but we have plenty of life experience that some may not.
good luck to all doing NVQ3, its bl&*dy hard work!!

sarahcrsby 03-14-2010 07:45 PM

Well I'm glad other people feel the same as me - it is the hardest thing I've ever done!!!!
I'm so nearly at the end but I am struggling - its been a nearly epic 2 years of constant coursework which having been rubbish when I was at school hasnt been easy now I'm in my 40's!
Well done all of you! :)

auntie kay 04-15-2010 10:05 AM

i take my hat off to everyone doing nvq 3. I think if I knew what was involved I would have probably not bothered but I am glad I did. I have learnt so much. Silkysteps has been my lifeline. Well done everyone and keep up all the good work and advice. To anyone thinking about starting do it. Yes it is hard work but worth it in the end.

akel1111 04-15-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishfulsinger01 (Post 20672)
DON'T MIND ME DOING THIS MAYZO1111----thought of re-editing this for you----so it is easier to digest....LOL!!!

have been thinking about this for a while and getting over run with home work.

i have to list professionals and organisations (defining their roles) within the child protection procedure.

i have written:,
¨Social services
¨Line manager,
¨senco within the school headmaster,
¨Police,
¨ofsted,
¨Doctor,
¨Nurse,
¨Podiatrist
¨nspcc
¨Social worker,
¨Child family services,
¨Nutritionist,
¨Sure start,
¨County council. Are there any more?

This is linked with 305 and is linked with k3p246 k3s252 k3m333

This is a brilliant answer- the detail you have gone into is very painstaking. I hope I don't sound patronising as I mean this compliment most genuinely.
Cheers
Ann

akel1111 04-15-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akel1111 (Post 28565)
This is a brilliant answer- the detail you have gone into is very painstaking. I hope I don't sound patronising as I mean this compliment most genuinely.
Cheers
Ann

The only people I would add would be your Local Safeguarding Children's Board and always your manager.
Cheers
Ann

super gran 04-16-2010 07:26 PM

well done to all of us ,i am also in my 40's and have just got 2 units to finish ,304 and 305 not looking forward to 305 as it seems like a hard one to do ,but with all the very helpful people on here am sure i will get through it and yes the language on some the questions baffles me , so at least i am not the only one ha ha xxx:applause:

pip squeak 04-17-2010 01:18 PM

Hi everyone

This unit is not as challenging as you think - so if you haven't started it yet keep an open mind. Break it down:

The first two elements are about inclusion - you should be able to x-reference some of these elements to 303 - child observations, next steps, planning and adapting activities to the needs of the individual child/ren. Personal Learning journeys - have you evidence on how you have shared these with children/families. Are they clear and in a language understandable to families or perhaps you have given a verbal explainations to parents/children alongside looking through the journal.

Element 3 - Is your safeguarding training upto date - check the element any areas you are uncertain about research by reading (the NVQ handbook etc) talking to colleagues (safeguarding designated person where you work). Have you any assessor observations - activities helping children to name body parts/care for themselves/make choices and decisions to boost independance, self esteem, confidence?

Once you have completed the elements - start working on the knowledge a number of the criteria may just need a little extension on from your perfomance work in the elements. Then you are left with the uncovered gaps in the knowledge to read up and research into.

Hope this helps
Good luck